Dash connector

Deem

I have the genuine Lucas-Rists terminals - but, they're expensive - £1.50 each + Postage.

I’ve managed to source some terminals which are almost identical – but, they require a little ‘tweaking’ to make them fit the housings.

These are a much more reasonable £0.25 each

They are slightly wider in section, than the originals.

They can be made to fit by rubbing them down a bit on some fine abrasive, and snipping the left side and bending out a retaining tang.

The contacts can also be re-shaped with fine-nosed jeweller’s pliers, to make them more like the originals.

Some pictures comparing an original terminal (crimped to green wire), with the similar terminal -

20200121-153847-1.jpg 

20200121-153909-1.jpg

20200121-154008-1.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Paul, thanks for your reaction.

sorry for my late reply . Was focussed on my front axle overhaul and forgot all about the connectors. Is there a way for me to source these connectors you have. I live in NL and found only connectors with straight wire connection. I tried to adapt them but did not work.