Steering box

That’s good to know, I’ve got three in the shed I was planning to refurb my self but haven’t got round to it yet, and I’ve not heard good things about refurb boxes. I don’t mind paying for the job to be done rite , if a part needs replacing, replace it don’t just make it so it works.

No not really Mo , one is a good box off the 110 but when I rebuilt it the casing where the return to the reservoir goes got banged so can’t fit the hose so bought a second hand one to get the mot which got a bit tired , and there was a breaker on eBay selling some reasonably priced and they looked in good Knick so bought two one for the 90 and one for the 110 so I could rebuild the old ones at some stage and have spare boxes. But as I’m fitting a M57 to the 110 after I’ve finished the 90 I was thinking that it might be better to fit a brand new box as there’s more power , also noticed that bearmach now sell new shafts and bearings for the boxes .

1 hour ago, ianmayco68 said:

But as I’m fitting a M57 to the 110 after I’ve finished the 90 I was thinking that it might be better to fit a brand new box as there’s more power , also noticed that bearmach now sell new shafts and bearings for the boxes .

On that note, watch the pressure. LR boxes are something like 69Bar rated, and certainly on the Merc 606 pump, they're something like 115Bar standard. 

According to the Facebook page they run at similar pressures so it’s fine , they fitted the petrol version of the m57 to the South African defender and we all know Land Rover wouldn’t have picked an engine where they had to develop a new box being tight arses.😁