Seven Sisters - Summer Extravaganza July 2007

TJ101

Tim

Just signed up to Jeep thing. Am contemplating coming with Jo. But she is unsure wether to come as she thinks she'll be the only female. Do a lot of females go or is it a boys weekend?

Hard one Mark,, Victor and my better half's came a couple of years back, and spent most of the weekend doing the tourists bit, horse riding & shopping etc :huh:

GB's Jenny and Les Brock other half have been in the past, and a few girls go from the Jeeps side, but the LR participants are normally short on the female side, but am sure she would be made very welcome :)

Do a lot of females go or is it a boys weekend?

Tell her not to worry, as long as she enjoys off-roading she'll have an excellent time, it's not like you're banished to a womens corner or anything ;):lol: ...and everyone going to 7S is nice B)

We're off on our 4 1/2month trip in July, but when we return in December the Rangie and my series are top of the list of priorities, so hopefully we'll be able to come back out to play to fun events rather than risking the Camel B)

ah excellent- i'l bring my heap of bits up and we can finish it off- give some of you wizards somethig to do so you don't get bored :D :D

Bish- not sure i will be able to make it on the friday- but will definitely take your spare seat on saturday/sunday if that's ok- just as long as you don't try and run me over like James did last time. :blink:

Mr Jones- i've checked my engine and it's definintely the same as it was before- anyway you don't want my modern Fuel injected highly efficient engine on the grounds that you prefer your 60 yr old lucas driven boat anchor for fuel economy- it was 5mpg on a run that you bet wasn't it? B)

Mark- sure the missus will fit in- there's always a couple of ladies around- at the very least Angela will be around and might appreciate some female company!

Tim

Just signed up to Jeep thing. Am contemplating coming with Jo. But she is unsure wether to come as she thinks she'll be the only female. Do a lot of females go or is it a boys weekend?

The organiser is called Angela. She was a female last time I looked ;)

The will probably be 5-6 females driving their own Jeeps and a load more being driven around to show what all the money has been spent on.

i love the way we're now calling women "females"

BlackTJ- are you quite suer that angela is the organiser and is female? have you looked hard? more importantly does she have a working truck at the moment? if so, can i break it again? :D

BlackTJ- are you quite suer that angela is the organiser and is female? have you looked hard? more importantly does she have a working truck at the moment? if so, can i break it again? :D

Tonight is not a good night to check. She left London at 4.30 on the train then had to go back to Paddington because of a problem with the train. Eventually got to Bristol and everyone had to get off. Last time I spoke to her they had gone through the tunnel under the Severn but were now travelling at 2 mph whilst they look for the remains of a crashed plane and assumed dead pilot.

The green Jeep is now back home having been fixed by Ivor

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WALFY

Well just sent confirmation that I can attend. Hopefully it's not to late. Will put cheque in post in the morning.

See you all there.

• 3 weeks later...

Me and Nick (I can't be bothered to ring Les and let him know whats happening....even though Les has rung 5 Times and he won't answer the phone) Walker..

Are leaving around 11 Am tomoz....after shopping for pies :lol:

Main site or Field :unsure:

Les

Mr Nick (I can't be bothered to ring Les and let him know whats happening....even though Les has rung 5 Times and he won't answer the phone) Walker, has rang me :o ,, yep you have a ETA at the caves around 1500 hours !! so says he :D

Great weekend as usual, weather was ok, well except the last 20 mins when we had to fit the towbar,

Nick managed to do a GKN shaft on the saturday morning on the first punch :ph34r: , couple of small pebbles got in the way :lol:

Tyre off the bead on Sunday morning <_<

Think special mention and thanks of the Weekend should go to Andy, for providing coffee, Squash and bottled water along with Welsh cakes and well just about everything else and being able to provide a small catering unit from the back of a Suzuki :o

Think special mention and thanks of the Weekend should go to Andy, for providing coffee, Squash and bottled water along with Welsh cakes and well just about everything else and being able to provide a small catering unit from the back of a Suzuki :o

Will second that, thanks Andy, your a star :) !! and thanks for the QT bar Nick, Seven Sisters claims another one, :o

Excellent company all weekend, thanks guys,

Blinding weekend, SO lucky with the weather. Thanks to Andy as mentioned, what a star, thanks also to Angela, Mike Cuff, JST and all the marshals and others who arrange and run these events.

Thanks to Chris (gbmud) for running out to Bearmach in Swansea to pick up a steering swanneck for me on Saturday morning.

I expect there will be a video and pictures along soon.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who led me around at the weekend (Mark, Jo, JST, Tim, Victor, Chris, Pugwash...) - and to echo the appreciation of Andy's brews.

I had a fantastic weekend and really appreciated the tuition / encouragement & generosity :).

Bit damp in the bikini top during that small shower on the way home though :ph34r:.

Thanks for a good weekend guys. :) Nice to meet Jos - and see him introduced to off-roading. :) Thanks to Andy for the teas, coffees and welshcakes too. :) As said, the weather was very good apart from the monster sized showers on Sunday afternoon. Roll on the next one. :)

Chris

What a wonderful fews days at 7S again catching up with some old friends & making new ones.

Nice too see such a Selection of cars from the Suzuki's to the Jeeps oh and the odd Landrover :lol: .

Andy as it has been said your a Star, great to meet you!

To all the organizers to Mike, Angela & Eugenio & all the other Jeep Committee that put on a wonderful event & BBQ

Too all the guys that took me around like Jos said is was the coaxing you along taking your experience that moves the newbies forward as I did things this year that I did not have the courage to do last time "momentum" is the name of the game!!! ;)

Hope to see some of the Jeeps down in Wellington in September for another wonderful weekend.

Even the good planing of the rain on the way home great way of cleaning the Cars. :D

You bring the machine shop, i'll bring the fabrication shop again. ;)

7sforum1.jpg

i love the foresight of this earlier post! :P

i think everyone has said it above- another truly excellent 7S. Thank you andy "the legend" Glassbolt for feeding everyone ALL the time, thank for Bish and james for Chauffering me, and thanks to everyone else for making it so enjoyable. Watching Rogue vogue welding bits of the car back on in the riverbed was well worth the trip.

Company much appreciated as ever, Nice to see a new face (jos) and see someone do so well on their first proper day out! Thanks to Mr Lang for taking us down lots of nice new tracks that i hadn't seen before. It was a pity we had so mnay problems with the CBs otherwise i'm sure the banter would have been very amusing whilst driving around.

Thanks to all for the very comdey saturday evening- only let down by the 168 mosquito bites (and yes i was sad enough to count them) i seem to haev got all over. Must remember the weapons grade insect repellant for next time.

Weather couldn't be faulted either- no rain until 3pm on sunday afternoon, and then we go proper torrential rain which was great.

Oh yeah- thank you angela et al for organising the event and putting in a huge amount of work to get it all running- it's very much appreciated, even if you do try and kill us every year with uncooked chicken :D:P (you're not getting rid of me that easily)

Guest WALFY
p.s. nice to meet Joe "mrs Walfy" - hope you'll be out driving next time and scaring the carp out of mark, not the other way round.

not too sure whether it was nice to see walfy again or not :P:D:ph34r:

FEMALE Jo is spelt without an "e". But I'm sure she'll be along to tell you that in a moment. As always Jim always a pleasure to see you. Your F&C onsite were perfect as usual :D :D . Would be good to see your truck there next time :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

Same as the rest, many thanks to one and all for organising, setting up, cooking the BBQ, supplying us all with hot drinks welshcakes and croissants. It is a thankless task trying to please all the people all the time. I couldn't do it.

Jos sorry for the slight blemishes in your paintwork. A quick T-Cut will sort them out :D