ARGHHH! Multiple fasteners left over at end of job!

ThreeSheds

This is not LR related, but may resonate with some of you...

On one of my other vehicules, I have been doing some work which has taken rather longer than expected.

It involved removal of multiple plastic panels, and when I came to put back the bumper (last major item) I set out the special bumper-holding shoulder screws that were left in the screws pot. There were eighteen.

"Crickey!" i thought "Thats a lot...", and so I counted the holes... There were seven... :(

But after half an hour of swearing, googling and head scratching, followed by another half an hour removing some of the other trim pieces already fitted just to be certain, I finally realised that, right at the start of the job (several months ago), I had bought a load of new screws and put them in the screws pot with the old ones.

So now - after allowing for the ten new screws I bought, I just have one left over from the job.... Close enough for government work :D

Rog

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I do that when working also however I use salvage vehicles for spares so when I stripped the dash out of a sport to replace the air bag I now have a full set of fixings in my cup holders which I new need to put somewhere for safe keeping.

• Like 1

Been there, done that. Rebuilt a gearbox back in the day (ok so twas 35-40 years ago) and may late father held up a nice, long bolt "wheres this one go?".  Lots of expletives deleted later gearbox stripped back down only to find that the errant bolt  was for a different application of that gearbox....As my dad reiterated RTFM...

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2021 at 9:19 AM, Simon_CSK said:

I do that when working also however I use salvage vehicles for spares so when I stripped the dash out of a sport to replace the air bag I now have a full set of fixings in my cup holders which I new need to put somewhere for safe keeping.

Which you will not be able to find when you want them, and end up buying more anyway........................

Story of my life. 😆 (one of them)

• Haha 1

On 6/27/2021 at 4:37 PM, smallfry said:

Which you will not be able to find when you want them, and end up buying more anyway........................

Story of my life. 😆 (one of them)

Yes that's about the size of it. 

I removed two sensors off the tops of two Cars for the AIr con, Lost both of them and bought a new one from Land Rover only to find both of them some time later.