Brilliant Battery

Blanco

I picked  up the tip for this battery from another forum, but it is so impressive that it should be shared........

Hankook MF31-1000

1000 CCA !  It is the best starting battery ever for a reluctant diesel P38.

Delivered next day while I was in Kent from a well-known on-line battery store.

It is ambidextrous in that it is flat topped with central terminals and so would suit many  other Land-Rovers as well.

• Thanks 2

I have heard good things about those, but never came across one. I usually just fit the biggest one possible form whatever reasonable brand is on sale at the time. I think last ones were Coldax, though my best experiences have been with Varta, as fitted and abused in our old forklift, and refusing to die.

As we're on the subject of batteries, i bought a Numax 072 for my series 3 more than 15 years ago, it's been allowed to go dead flat (radio drain) on many occasions, sometimes for whole winters.  Despite that, it still holds a good charge and cranks the series over pretty strong, even when the fuel has drained back and it needs to spin over a fair bit.  I'm so impressed with it that i'll only fit Numax batteries to my cars now. 

• Like 3