2.25 Petrol DISTRIBUTER

kevin50

2.25 Petrol
Going to order new bits for my engine, but not sure which Distributer to get, took the old one out and this is what it looks like in pics, Now after looking at parts diagrams think Ive took it out wrong way. Trust Me, to do it wrong way.
does it come apart ? as mine doesnt look like these ones Distributor Electronic- Black Cap - Paddock Spares
What have I done wrong now ?

•  

IMG_20210714_170851.jpg

IMG_20210713_172555.jpg

I’d not get that from Paddocks.  They’ll sell some shiny Chinese part that could cause all sorts of issues.  They’re not a complicated unit, but there are enough “points” in distributors that if they’re made from poor quality components, you’ll never get the engine running well and will not only waste a lot of time tuning it and maybe suffer poor reliability, but would spend a lot more than the difference in price on wasted fuel from poor ignition.

Why not bite the bucket and go for electronic ignition? That produces much better reliability and a quantum leap in mpg.   There is plenty of experience on the forum with that, so I’m sure others can give great advice.

23 hours ago, kevin50 said:

Thanks, Im useless when it comes to Electrics, so is one of these fitted With Distributor ? and where does it go ? 

Pretty straight forward. The sensor just replaces the points and condenser. It should come with instructions for wiring etc but it’s not complicated.

It will just give more consistency and reliability to that part of the system as you no longer need to check points and regap them periodically.

This type of sensor fits into the original distributor and everything else such as dizzy cap and rotor remain standard.