Pre made looms

Hi first time posting on site even that i have owned my Landy 90 for over 5 years . My problem is have brought 3 looms from a well known on line site because i put a new back door on with heated window and i put a wiper on plus wash , now i have all the looms coming in the back of the bulkhead i have found homes for some of them but still lost on a few . what do the two very small cable maybe 2amp do, one is black which is ground that i know and the other is white with black trace both have female connectors and the third is all white with piggy back connector. All so looking to powering up second washer bottle motor via switch . have a few problems as it come out of factory with petrol engine and someone replaced with a 200TDi . Having lots of fun must of the time.

Thanks     

Hi thanks Maverik have done a lot of research on the wiring colors the sad thing is the makers of the looms don't give any ideas of where they go just say that they  ( the looms ) replace what was there but there never has been a loom there before. try and upload some pics very soon.

Thanks again   

Have you seen my thread on this forum here about making my own looms? I went through similar problems and troubleshooting finding what colour wire goes where. I drew up a list of wiring colours used on the land rover wiring looms. I have copied and pasted a post from this thread below with all the correct colour codes I worked out:

*Correction to my earlier post. Purple is fused permanent live (not unfused as I had put earlier). I also had missed off brown with red trace for the glowplug feed from ignition switch:

G fused ignition on
GR left turn signal
GW right turn signal
GP brake lights
GN reverse light
GB fuel sender
GY heater blower motor switch
GS heater blower motor switch
LGG oil temperature
LGW oil pressure sender
LGB screen wash pump
LGP trailer warning light
LGN hazard switch to flash relay

R running lights
RO right side/tail
RB left side/tail
RY rear fog
RLG wiper motor
RW 12v socket illumination

U head lights
UO right main
US left main
UK left dip
UB right dip
UG wiper motor

W unfused live ignition on
WR ignition switch to starter relay
WO ignition switch to heater blower fuse and radio
WB rear window heater
WS fuel sender to guage 
WN oil pressure warning lamp
WY hand brake warning light
WG Heated rear window switch to relay/dash light

P fused permanent live
PG fuse to heater blower motor 
PO seat belt warning light (where fitted)
PW interior cab light
PU door switch (where fitted)

N permanent live from positive terminal bus on starter solenoid
NR ignition switch to glowplug relay
NLG wiper motor
NY charge warning light
NLG flasher relay
NW fuse to heated rear window relay

B earth
BU diff lock engaged warning light
BW brake warning light
BR hazard switch illumination
BK heated rear window relay to diode
BS heated rear window diode to voltage sensitive switch

YB Glowplug Feed from relay

The one on the left is white with piggy back connector the middle one is white with black trace and far right is black which is a ground i suppose , sorry for poor photo quality. but as i said the connections are half the size of standard maybe 2amp

Thanks   

Which end of the loom is this? White is unfused live feed when ignition switch is on. White with black trace is heated rear window. Black is earth. Are you sure that is black, it looks to have a grey/slate/white coloured trace from your picture? 

Hi Monkie, It is without doubt black its looks grey in the picture i just had a lot of trouble trying to take it and then getting it uploaded just not my thing. The end showing is the dash end the third loom, starting at the rear door with wash wipe and heater ( no 1 ) then coming through chassis ( no2 ) and this one coming into dash via bulkhead and that's the rubbish picture.

Cheers