My first year with a 110

1 hour ago, pete3000 said:

If you needed a reason to own one, it'll teach you loads whilst draining your bank account/wallet. 🙂

Pete

Um, I have a 21 year old BMW M5. The Landy is positively frugal in every way compared to that. Oddly enough I love them both the same...

More thoughts.

The horn. Oh stop tittering. Why is it so weedy? It's a big tough manly truck with a voice like a gelded chipmunk. *That's* got to change.

Windscreen washer stopped on the way home. Fortunately it started to rain so the crud got washed off anyway. Definitely needs rewiring.

The night before last my breath was freezing on the inside of the screen. Despite the heater being on. Gotta love the thermal efficiency of the 12J converting all that energy into power rather than wasting it on heat, right? My cousin mentioned something about heated windscreens. Maybe that's to go on the "While I've got it all apart" list.

Windows. Sliding windows are an option if I get some new/unfitted Series 3 doors of E-Bay and then buy the tops from Paintman Panels. But is it a good idea? They're kinda cool, but are they also kinda rubbish?

Oh - the clutch slip I mentioned earlier was a gentle breaking-in. An easy job that just needed a bit of lateral thinking to make it easy rather than being an utter pig. 

Really hoping I don't need to weld anything apart from the V8 mounts. I haven't welded for a bit over 40 years and I wasn't great at it then...

Sliding window are great and hideous for the same reasons. They rattle and don't shut on the seals very well (even if they do they pull away at about 50mph). They leak when parked at certain angle's. Are a pain at drive thru/ ticket booths. However the front window just cracked open demists the screen better than the heater and the air flow you can create in the summer is sublime. I love them but I'm nuttier than most.

Mike