Another Door Question - Fixing The Rear Side Door Vertical Divider?

Having got to the matter of rebuilding the rear side doors, I was seriously unimpressed to discover that the vertical divider bars (the bits that separate the two pieces of glass) were FUBARed. I did know it when I removed them, but as they've been hiding in a pile for more years than I care to remember I'd completely forgotten. I was even more unimpressed when I found out how much new ones were (£94 the pair). I would have made some new ones, but after examining the complicated extrusion they're made from, I decided that life was too short...

Anyway - I've got them loosely in place, but without having an intact door to refer to, I thought it'd make sense to ask here just how they should be fixed in place. Is it with a screw at the top and a bolt at the bottom?

Thank you, Gentlemen - the bit that's most confusing me is that there's a screw hole at the top (it's hidden inside the channel, so is far from obvious), but it's stepped back from the door frame, so one has to assume that something goes in between the two (the parts list didn't help there!). Without knowing what that something is, I can't get an exact vertical location, and so daren't bond it in place until I know...

Edited by Paddy_SP

Sorry I missed this question. I replaced both doors a couple of years ago and have a few photos. That trim piece does screw up into the top of the door. Looking at my pics there's no vertical spacer and I don't remember one. Just be sure you have it in the correct orientation so that it does push up correctly. The horizontal position is defined by the fixed glass pane and the runners around that. Get that in first and then the long piece between the two glass panes is secured at the top and lower down.

As you can see I hesitated as to the best position for the short runner. I removed it from the bottom of the pane where it had suffered greatly from water but I think I switched it and fitted the new one at the top.

EECC0473-62C2-4ED8-A380-5377BDA87AB9_1_105_c.jpeg.13edb2765dca252d8412053670ded067.jpeg

E0BCCC78-7B25-4FAF-9944-B0C313270845_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.41691f918454ef730532a5b1165a8b08.jpeg

59821140-FBD1-4C44-8844-0BE22F2130C6_1_105_c.jpeg.c8e5a1444b2d6e5f9cd38eb2ed831dfa.jpeg

F8996FD7-EDF3-4294-BBFC-F7543F2BB80B_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.41578cdd8f77ba3b0d1e294ecdfc8029.jpeg96437594-D610-4F2D-BB78-E9875FE8AC24_1_105_c.jpeg.ad77c9f97420ff7546397c847eb0239a.jpeg

EECC0473-62C2-4ED8-A380-5377BDA87AB9_1_105_c.jpeg

Edited by Peaklander
Reloaded first pic as it wasn't fully displayed - why does that happen?

So - having referred to your photos, I get most of it, but what is meant to locate the bottom sealing piece (the bit circled in red in the photo), that is, what stops it just dropping down inside the door?

Whereas the originals seem to have been constructed from one length with vee cuts at the corners, the kit I bought from SP Panels is simply made up of four separate lengths. As there are absolutely no instructions though, I'm left scratching my head! There's a projection that presumably locates it at one end, but nothing at all at the other, so unless I bond it to the glass, there's nothing to hold it in place.

110 Door Seals.jpg

I'm much happier now - thanks to your help I now know what two previously unidentified bits of rusty metal are, and if all goes to plan will get my doors assembled at last. They were lying at one end of the bench where I've laid out all the door parts waiting for an until now unknown use. Despite the fact that they're the victims of protracted corrosion, there's enough left to get all the necessary dimensions, so it looks as though later this afternoon I'll be spending some time with the guillotine and folder! 

• Like 1