200tdi suspect head gasket failure? thoughts...

If the temperature gauge is moving fairly swiftly, I’d suggest an Earth issue on the gauge or a connection fault rather than a problem with the sender.

Glad everything is seeming so much more correct, though - you’ve had a sod of a time with that engine of late.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snagger said:

If the temperature gauge is moving fairly swiftly, I’d suggest an Earth issue on the gauge or a connection fault rather than a problem with the sender

I’ve had that and it was the earth on the right side of the transfer box, not far from the front flange. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just rounding up a few of my threads, the temp gauge seems to have settled after the recent work on the head, I checked the connections and all looked fine, I did have a new sender in reserve if I needed it but seems not. 

Fyi, I've done quite a bit of work on the earth circuit on this truck now, due to the madman instrument upgrade it has a direct earth to the head as part of that loom, I think there's just the front wings now that don't have a direct earth cable back to the battery, for the rest of the tub I've mostly done away with body earthing and just wired it back to my secondary fuse box, after I replaced the tub floor.

• Like 1