CSW Courtesy Switches

1991 110CSW

Old age strikes again! Or maybe because it’s nearly six years since I started my LR tear down for a complete rebuild, but I'm totally at a blank wall. Please can somebody tell me how the wires to the two bulkhead/door frame mounted courtesy light switches get from the dash mounted courtesy light switch to inside the hollow pillars that the doors and switches are mounted on.  I assume that they also go up the A-pillars to above the head lining to the roof mounted lights, but it's access to the door switches that has me stumped ATM😕!

Many thanks for all suggestions.

Mike

Mine is a 1994 SW, so probably a little different ( I don’t have a switch in the dash) but I imagine the rest must be very similar.

On the 300Tdi, the wiring for the door switches, as standard in a black vinyl sleeve, runs along the top of the bulkhead in the engine bay (both sides) and then in through a grommet at the top of the A pillar, and down towards the switch aperture. I can’t remember the colours off hand I’m afraid. 

Then yes, a pair of wires runs up the driver’s side A pillar and out to the light.

I have to say I haven’t had the working for years, but it would be nice sometimes.

Edit to say, I’ll be working on a bulkhead swap here in the next few weeks, and could take pics. Easier to see when it’s just the loom and the bulkhead, but probably someone else will,have pics to hand.

Edited by Northwards

Thank you, both, Northwards and Eightpot.  It never occurred to me that the wires passed through the bulkhead into the engine compartment.  I've found the holes in the engine side of the bulkhead, at last.  Because I already have the front wings, brake servo and heater box fitted the holes are totally hidden from view, and I've only found them by touch.  Perhaps with my hinged mirror and a flashlight I'll be able to see them, but it looks very much as if I'll have to do some dis-assembly to get my wires in.  At least I now know where they have to go.  Many thanks, again.

Mike