r380 stumpy trouble fitting

hi im fitting a military r380 stumpy to my 200tdi defender im using all the parts ashcroft say you need to replace but iv had to take 25mm off the length of the slave cylinder pin and  still cant get the slave cylinder to bolt up .is the r380 cylinder different from the lt77

yes iv got the  release bearing UJT100210 and iv used the lt77 pushrod . on the lt77 the pushrod pertruded 15mm out of the bell housing .this morning i redused the length by another 8mm and iv now got the slave cylinder fitted and the clutch seems to be working but i wont know until i start it up and try and change gear. is this normal for this conversion ?

• 2 weeks later...

if  anybody is thinking of fitting an r380 stumpy don't mess about just buy all the bits Ashcroft recommend and it should fit straight away . I'm so pleased with it it seems to pull much better than the lt77 each gear has a much better range . thanks for everybody's help and comments

• Like 2