3.9 rebuild - advice please

Hi all,

Looking at this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401408469485 for a light rebuild on my V8 before I put it in. 

Probably (hopefully) won't need the big bits but will need the gaskets for sure. Any suggestions for a better option r does this look OK? As you may have guessed, I genuinely have no idea...

Thanks

There's a lot of stuff in there you won't need -pull it apart and then buy the bits individually, no more costly because you aren't paying for stuff you don't need, and you get to choose the quality as well....

• Like 2

I would still use Turners without hesistation for bits for future rebuilds, and you can select the individual  parts. I am sure some of it would make that kit look cheap, but I trust their judgement on what parts they are willing to stock for the money they charge.

As others say - lot of stuff in there you won't need, and some stuff you'd maybe want to add or get the better quality versions of.

I'd add / switch;

• Stump puller cam instead of stock, very little extra money and it's a cheap torque boost
  • ARP head studs, soooo much nicer to your block, and leave the outer ones out or hardly torqued like the later heads.
  • I'd fit studs to the exhaust manifold ports plus brass nuts, again it's just kinder to the heads and makes future removal much easier
  • genuine Elring head gaskets, I'd be deeply suspicious of any that aren't explicitly listed as such.
  • Duplex timing chain with steel gear, again very low additional cost