Tank Sender Unit

kevin50

I fitted a new tank and a new sender. It started leaking diesel when i Topped up the tank. it turned out I hadn’t tightened the locking ring enough. So a long screw driver and chapped it to the right more and bingo. 
hope this video helps you. 

The hook rod goes round the float. You need to join that rod to the sender rod, but they will probably need adjustment so that the float drops to the bottom of the tank, but doesn't foul on the side wall, when the tank is full. Use a bog standard electrical choc block (other suppliers are available).

https://www.screwfix.com/p/16a-12-terminal-terminal-strips-10-pack/91532?tc=KB5&ds_kid=92700055281954475&ds_rl=1249401&gclid=CjwKCAjw5s6WBhA4EiwACGncZW2IBxdkfFs5spYfCHWrq6RNWNeoTyu4or4Tr6h9c4XgrlDSxIMdsxoCxNkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Cut one segment off and remove it from the plastic. You can then use that to join both rods - overlap them through the connector to start with. Small torch to look into the tank and some thread round the rod and trial and error is the way to go. Once you have got the rod length right, you can trim off the excess.

They used to come all assembled with a fixed rod length.....

I endorse the comment by Simonb, but I note you have (had) several S2 related queries running.
I'd suggest overall you join the Series 2 Club.
There is an active Forum, but, if you join, there are a load of technical publications you can access and down load, both Workshop and Parts manuals. Circuit diagrams are included; the Webmaster also creates 'easy to read' variations for people 'troubled' by standard wiring diagrams.

Regards.