1990 Range Rover diesel with no High - Low lever

Thunderball54

On 11/24/2022 at 7:30 PM, Bowie69 said:

Front prop - perhaps the prop was dead, or the viscous coupling is seized.

No idea why the hi lo lever would be removed.

Most likely VC seized mystery about transfer case lever though as now I'm thinking the transfer case missing if at all possible since it actually drives. problem is I'm 2000km away to physically check.

4 hours ago, Escape said:

I'd have good look underneath to see if there actually still is a transfer box and not an attempt at a 2wd conversion.

The problem is I'm 2000km away. I had the same thought about the transfer case. It can't be at all possible though since it actually drives through the rear wheels.

The transfer box could have been replaced by an adapter to connect a prop directly to the gearbox. Or a different gearbox fitted, one meant to have an output flange instead of a transfer box. Not being able to actually see the vehicle does complicate matters! Can't you ask someone local(ish) to go and have a look? I've had fellow forum members go look at a car for sale on Ebay for me on several occasions.