Roamerdrive lubrication ?

Cornish Rattler

Hi guys

Since fitting my roamerdrive just over a year ago my transfer box has leaked from the rear imput shaft seal and sump plate ( ally type ) where before the roamerdrive was fitted it didn't, i pressume with the transfer box having to use a thinner oil as specified by roamerdrive, can't think off top of my head what oil the roamerdrive uses but just wondered if anyone else on here uses ep 90 with a roamerdrive and has it caused any problems 🙂

EP90 is best, they just specify W75 because EP90 is hard to find in most places.  If you are in Arctic conditions, W75 may be a good idea, but in the European mainland, W75 would only be good in the east in winter.

I wouldn’t expect W95 to be much leakier than EP90.  You may need a bit of sealant on the gaskets.  Any leak from the transfer box is a big threat to the Roverdrive - they get oil starvation quite quickly and their rear bearings are not tolerant of it.  There is no reason that the Roverdrive should have disturbed the gear box to transfer box gasket or transfer box input seal, but it needs to be rectified urgently.