replacement door cards

Hi all,

Has anyone fitted any of the replacement ABS door cards? I have a set of lift handle doors with winding windows, and the cards are pretty tatty, was just wondering if anyone had some real world views on what they are like before I fork out for them!

Alternatively, if anyone has a genuine set in good nick they would be happy to part with, I'd be keen to hear from them!

Matt

Probably should have thought of that! 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224432770863

These ones are for the later door type, but the same sort of thing. No idea who makes them but they seem to be available through britpart among others, so most of the usual suspects seem to list them.

Actually i need something for the back door as well..

Edit: Found the right type for my doors at Craddocks  https://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/mtc8706-front-door-trim-rh-black-non-genuine-upto-1987.html

Edited by mat2495
Found the right type

Hi Matt, 

I have a spare set of these - I've not had a good look at the condition because they came off a pair of doors I bought and stripped for the catches before throwing the rest into the skip but they're yours for the postage if you're stuck.

I'll take a proper look and try to post some pics tomorrow...

Simon

Matt I bought a pair of the ones Ralph linked to. They are not the same materials the originals were made from, and they are not as accurate as I might have liked and do require a bit of trimming here and there. You'll need to cut notches around the door check strap bracket for instance, and go round taking the razor sharp edges off them.They are however a solution that is a whole lot tidier than my knackered old trim panels. Not much alternative really.

On 1/2/2023 at 8:51 PM, Junglie said:

Hi Matt, 

I have a spare set of these - I've not had a good look at the condition because they came off a pair of doors I bought and stripped for the catches before throwing the rest into the skip but they're yours for the postage if you're stuck.

I'll take a proper look and try to post some pics tomorrow...

Simon

Hi Simon, If you wouldn't mind having a quick look that would be great, thanks.

On 1/2/2023 at 9:48 PM, mickeyw said:

Matt I bought a pair of the ones Ralph linked to. They are not the same materials the originals were made from, and they are not as accurate as I might have liked and do require a bit of trimming here and there. You'll need to cut notches around the door check strap bracket for instance, and go round taking the razor sharp edges off them.They are however a solution that is a whole lot tidier than my knackered old trim panels. Not much alternative really.

That's good to know, I can live with a bit of fettling if that is what is required. Thanks!