V8 Rover into a Series with series Gearbox

Hybrid_From_Hell

Hi all,

Can't find these kits from those who I remembered did them yonks ago !!

Friend wants to do this conversion - who does the full kits nowadays ??

And I remeber a trick to allow use of a proper RR clutch etc vs a series one - any info as to who / what etc would equally be spiffingly received with thanks :D

Nige

AFAIK Phillips and Millner stopped doing them years ago. Only available used now. Last set I saw for sale was asking £500. You need the adaptor plate and spigot bearing carrier, which is usually missing. ISTR there was a special release bearing carrier too, but that might have been for use with the Rover SD1 flywheel, which was thinner. Crankshaft has to be cut, and the oil filter ideally needs moving or the front axle can hit it. Kit came with engine mountings for the block, but they are not hard to make.

The RR 10 1/2 inch clutch cover will not physically fit inside the adaptor plate/series bellhousing, so flywheel had to be redrilled to take a 9 1/2 inch clutch.