External suggested fuel pump make / brands mode etc for in boot tank

Hi All,

Friend is shoving a 3.9 Megasquirted V8 into his MGB !!!!!!!!!!!!

He has a low pressure pump which is mounted in the boot - external to the Fuel Tank

I know V8s can be fussy with fuel pumps, so what are the recommendations for a good quality external pump he can fit to replace the low pressure one currently,

.....shoving the normal HP Range Rover in tank unit is not sadly an option 🤥

Niger

Honestly I wouldn't put an external pump in an MGB, they are really noisy and MGBs are hardly the best soundproofed vehicles. 

I would look for a swirl pot with built in pump, and rubber mount it, or it will be really, really invasive. 

That way the current fuel pump stays in place and feeds the swirl pot. 

Golf GTi used to be the go-to, I don't think Rover V8's are fussy about fuel pumps at all but external EFI pumps are often f***ed up by people expecting them to live long lives while drawing fuel uphill (mounted high / no LP lift pump) or sucking air (no swirl pot).

I've been running a Jag (Bosch/Lucas) one for years (probably the same one since the truck was squirted in about 2004) and it's still trucking along, fed by a Facet low-pressure pump and a small swirl pot. I think the pump "style" is Bosch 044 / Walbro 255 but I could be wrong.

These days I might be tempted to buy one of those cheap ebay swirl pot things where you clamp a Bosch-style pump into it so the end of the pump is permanently submerged in fuel.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262809939480 for example.