Improving 110 brakes on a budget

The other option that was discussed earlier still has my interest to which I've read more about. The mechanical vacuum pump delete replacing it with an electric vacuum pump. The favorite replacement unit seems to be the UP28 but I have read the UP30 and the UP5.0 are better pumps from Bosch. 

1000014026.jpg.72d57b559bc2de8eab51e42068327ffc.jpg

The above image is the UP5.0 from a Dodge Ram. With an adjustable vacuum pressure switch and an one way valve, this is another viable option with the present booster. 

All are interesting and viable options that I may consider in the future for the Defender after I've converted the front brakes to ventilated discs. 

Todd.

There's also the hydroboost units that use PAS pressure, as fitted to some jags I think... in fact I think I've got one in the garage that Jez bought to mess around with and never used, yours for a donation to forum funds.

• Like 1

@FridgeFreezer

Thanks for the offer but for the time being I'm going to limit me to the options that I have been researching locally, as a matter of fact I have already ordered the UP5.0 vacuum pump from the Dodge Ram.

Todd.

Lof are shortly going to be selling a converter to use the Defender abs double diaphragm servo unit on a non abs car. 

https://lofclutches.com/shop/brakes/brake-kits/coming-soon-lof-powerboost-servo-kit-for-non-abs-defender/

I'm trying lof pads on the back at the moment and although the fronts (genuine and seemingly last forever) do most of the work, I was quite surprised at the improvement in braking over the previous mintex pads.

Mo

• Like 2