Wiper swiitch

trod

2 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

I'm pretty sure it is a small spring loaded pin, it should just push in and then you can draw it off

Regards Stephen 

exactly that, sometimes they are rusted so a drop of WD40 will get it moving. 

WD40 might get it if you are lucky.  Proper “penetrating oil” is more likely to work. Unfortunately, it might be stuck solid and require the destruction of the plastic knob, which I believe is long since unavailable.  You may be able to break the pin free if you use some sort of jawed tool with a pin to push on the embedded pin and a load spreading form to protect the plastic.  Don’t go at it with pliers.

What they said - it's a spring-loaded brass pin that you need to push in, you may be able to do it by inserting something in the hole and then gripping with pliers to give it a good push - carefully to avoid damaging the knob of course!

• 2 months later...
On 1/13/2024 at 2:08 PM, Snagger said:

Unfortunately, it might be stuck solid and require the destruction of the plastic knob, which I believe is long since unavailable.

Good quality reproduction knobs are available. (insert your own joke here)

https://embertonimperial.com/products/land-rover-series-2a-3-dash-repro-windscreen-washer-wiper-switch-knob-90575153?_pos=4&_sid=b562dcebe&_ss=r