Buying UK car here in Belgium

henk

I can buy a modified 88 to Tomcat over here in Belgium and as far as I can see it has been registered as a historical car in the UK.

Got a photo of some V11 document but my question is: Is this enough paper to import it in another country? 

I would expect it still to have a V5 (registration document) too, but perhaps the V11 replaces it for historic vehicles.  My 109 is on the historic list, and it says so on its V5, so maybe it is a recent issue?

In the UK, proof of ownership is typically a purchase receipt either from a trade business or personal individual. Then V5 is proof that the vehicle has been registered to be legally driven on UK roads. The V5 also clarifies the date of manufacture and taxation class for the vehicle, which in turn determines the amount of road taxation due each year. The two, owner and registered keeper, can be different, for example the owner could be a leasing/finance company and the register keeper the principal drive of the vehicle.

V11 is just the annual road tax reminder and nothing to do with proof of ownership or proof or registration. 

• Like 1

When I imported a car in France I needed the Registration Cert in my name with my matching UK address on, proof of purchase (with matching name and address) and a Certificate of Conformity from the Manufacturer.

That might be the tricky bit with something like a Tomcat? 

Here in the Netherlands it has now become more difficult to get a Dutch license plate for an imported car.

As they now no longer copy the type approval, which means the car has to get an individual type approval, which means a lot of test which cost a whole lot of money.

Not sure if it's the same case for Belgium plates.