warn xp motor

gsr341

Yeah the gap below the motor is about 10mm , Should of used higher spacers when fitting the winch .

But no worries , I shall weld a stud on the side of the motor know (cheers Paul)

I guess if I weld it and qwench it it shouldnt transfer too much heat to the internals .

Jase

what about just drilling Tapping a new hole on the side or where ever suits?

I did think about that, but it was after I rebuilt and refitted the winch , I have a nice little mod you might be intrested in Tony , Grease nipples on the drum bearings , I took some pics on my phone , must post them up soon .

No numbers for you but generally joins = bad, if nothing else they are an added potential failure point through corrosion / coming undone etc... not to mention the resistance they add into the circuit. As was said, it doesn't matter how super-nice your +ve wire is if the electricities can't get back to the -ve just as easily.

Hmm, the 60mm2 stuff is as thick as your thumb and is quite heavy, maybe I'll stick to the 35 in future

At least when it goes twin motor I can just bridge some 35mm2 off the power from the 1st albright for the 2nd

Talking of which, and without opening the can of worms, does anyone know how much a gigglepin twinmotor draws? Jim, Paul what size cable do you use?

Talking of which, and without opening the can of worms, does anyone know how much a gigglepin twinmotor draws? Jim, Paul what size cable do you use?

That's done it!

The can's open again!

Mods get your moderating stick out.

All I will say Lewis is the twin motor set up will draw 'many' amps, I use 35sq mm cable from the batteries to the two Allbrights and then 35sq mm to each motor.

I am running 12v motors on 24v which does make a whizzing noise, probably caused by the 24v electrons trying to cram themselves into 12v motors. freak3.gif

Mmmmm.......I'm using 70mm' Tri rated this time....when I get round to fitting the winches that is :unsure: ...although the cables are in already for them ;)

25 mm - 183 Amps

35 mm - 226 Amps

50 mm - 274 Amps

70 mm - 351 Amps

Roughly.....90'C Tri Rated cables

volts drop for those interested....

25 mm - 1.85 Mv/A/M

35 mm - 1.35

50 mm - 0.99

70 mm - 0.68

all these are Millivolts/per amp/per metre...

so for example....70mm @ 0.68/ 300 Amps / 4 m cable run = 0.81 Volts drop

35 mm @ 1.35/ 300 Amp /4 m cable run = 1.62 Volts drop

this would be higher if your current is higher obviously

35mm @ 1.35 / 450 Amp / 4m Cable run = 2.43 volts drop

so your 12 volt winch with nominal 12 volts could only be getting 9.57 volts at the motor....

poor winch performance.......Oh yes !

It's early so check my calcs :lol: