compressor

Exmoor Beast

I have just bought a T-Max compressor from The 4x4Store in Exeter (link on my website) and this is really a recommendation. Its a stunning bit of kit. blows a 255/85x16 from 8psi to 28psi in no time at all.

110 litres/minute

150psi max

run time of 40minutes

good length of power leads with jump lead type clips for the battery

long yellow coiled airline with integral guage.

all comes in a sturdy well designed bag.

About £100.

I had the last one but I dare say they will be getting some more in.

I have tried to 'google' up some more info but can't find a thing anywhere.

Will :)

I have one of these and it's very impressive. Paid £80 for it in Dubai, Matt Savage wanted nearly £300 :o

526.jpg

There's a lot of T-Max copies like this about, is that what you've got Will?

They all seem to be either copies or clones of the great Viair compressor...the Max Air certainly takes some beating though. I have had mine for three years and it still works a treat. It may well be from the same factory as Viair....guess we'll never know.

Not like those ARB things that have an allergy to dust. At 160quid a pop you'd think they were up to it... but I've got through two of them in two years and would never buy another one. Switched to max Air and have never been happier.

I made comment at Billing a few years ago about the Matt Savage ones and the prices he charges...he didn't reply back... just cut me a look. Good luck to him...but I'd never pay that.

S.

They all seem to be either copies or clones of the great Viair compressor...the Max Air certainly takes some beating though. I have had mine for three years and it still works a treat. It may well be from the same factory as Viair....guess we'll never know.

Not like those ARB things that have an allergy to dust. At 160quid a pop you'd think they were up to it... but I've got through two of them in two years and would never buy another one. Switched to max Air and have never been happier.

I made comment at Billing a few years ago about the Matt Savage ones and the prices he charges...he didn't reply back... just cut me a look. Good luck to him...but I'd never pay that.

S.

I have a truck air one

Was given to me by 90SV (Jim at Gigglepin) So don't know how much they cost, well won it in a winch challenge

But worked well and fine around aus to pump the tryes up after being on the beach . Also used it a few times up on Fraser too

Truckair.jpg

I have a Bullit electric compressor (comes from Oz) but it's not as beefy as the Tmax and Viair models listed above. I'm fairly excited to see how my new on-board engine driven compressor works. I found a Sanden style compressor made under license from York by Kiki Diesel in Japan. Pretty odd hybrid but it means it has integral oiling and great volume like the vertical yorks but would mount like a Sanden on my 3.5. With a 7 gallon tank, I'm hoping it will be good for running a rattle gun and impact wrench as well as filling the boots.

I also came across an 1100 watt inverter, so I'm looking forward to being able to put the kettle to boil on the trail :D

Hi Richard.....Frank @ AAA had a handfull of the Australian made Magnum twin head compressors for sale. These are fitted to the Ozzie Parentie rigs for fast on-board air.

Two decent sized pistons like a little Harley Davidson engine and a super neat reservoire set-up makes for a really fast pump. 1000 Dhs each.....I nearly took one but the engineering required to fit one along with the Air Conditioning was a huge task.

Tim Ansell has one sitting in his garage and no truck to fit it to since he rolled the Rangie!

Good to hear you're still wheelin'.

Regards.

S.