serpentine belts

TOR4x4

IIRC the serpentine belts have a manufacturers number that is generic and gives the number of grooves and the length so yours would probably be a 7PK2240.

By far the longest belt I can think of is the ones on V8 Discoverys etc which have aircon fitted. I'll have a look and see if we have got one at work later if I remember, but the 2240 rings a bell, I think it could be one of those in which case I will check the LR part number.

And just to complicate things.....the V8 models with air con have two different sizes/part numbers of serpentine belt to choose from.

Sorry I don't have the part numbers... but last week I was down at my local Landy garage compiling a spares box for my trip and this same question came up.

Regards.

S.

When i fitted the second alternator to the car i used a standard l/r belt that is 2240 long, can't remember what car it is from, does anyone have a part number or engine type that this could be off?

Thanks

Adrian

ERR5579 = 7PK2238 I can't find a 2240.

If you have an OE number I have a book that can x reference.

Peter

Peter

7PK translates to 7 ridges on belt back and 2240mm circumference. 300Tdi belt late version for small diameter alternator pulley is a 7PK 1580

Peter

that would be the one I was thinking of then - fitted my old Disco

2mm is neither here nor there on a fan belt so that would do the job