The new LRO website

Les Henson

Ive just spent 20 mins over there looking, christ, what are they thinking? Do as we say attitude, they deserve to lose everybody along with readers of their magazine.

They must have had one of the most subscribed memberships in the LR forum world, and go and lose them all, WTF!

The majority of the forum content was never my cup of tea, but none the less, some of it was good, and I have met plenty of decent people from it. I wish the defecters could manage to hurt LRO, its what they deserve.

Being an LRO form refugee...........I have to agree with the majority of the postings above.

They have messed about with the forums, disregarded the users wishes and needs.....etc,etc.

The only addition to what has been posted above, is concerning the banning of links/advertising.

This really came about because a couple of the members who migrated to Gresh's site decided to add a link/banner to their sig and then spam the LROforum. I think most users of any forum would find this unacceptable, and it was annoying to other users, Gresh did not condone this action and asked that it should be stopped. However, it promted a typical kneejerk reaction from admin who promtly ran around deleting ALL external links they could find.....including links to voluneer groups, for which an apollogy was forth coming.

I had used the LROforum for many years and found the Technical boards most useful and tried to help others in return. I still pop in and endevour to help those in need, as there are not many left there to help others now.

I think that the external links ban will gradually be relaxed as long as posters are reasonable and it benefits all.

I now regularly use Gresh's forum an having recently found this one like the high degree of technical sbject matter......I think you may have to get used to having me around, As for LRO I can never see them recovreing wht they have lost.

Nigel.

This really came about because a couple of the members who migrated to Gresh's site decided to add a link/banner to their sig and then spam the LROforum. I think most users of any forum would find this unacceptable, and it was annoying to other users, Gresh did not condone this action and asked that it should be stopped. However, it promted a typical kneejerk reaction from admin who promtly ran around deleting ALL external links they could find.....including links to voluneer groups, for which an apollogy was forth coming.

Sounds a bit childish to me. Some of the users on here have links to other sites and some of us have links to LR4x4 elsewhere and it doesn't seem to be a problem... its not as if you are going to stop people using other forums by banning links FFS :rolleyes:

Well yes I agree that it does sound a bit childish........

But given that every forum was "targeted" with postings doing nothing other than advertising Gresh's site and advocating other user to leave LRO and join them then one can consede that as not being appropriate and why action was taken. Remebering that prior to this banners and links where allowed as they are in most other forums.

I have also noted that this has now been relaxed, and an element of normallity returned.

By all means slag them off when they deserve it, but on this point I think it is the offenders who causes the ban who are at fault.

Nigel.

But given that every forum was "targeted" with postings doing nothing other than advertising Gresh's site and advocating other user to leave LRO and join them then one can consede that as not being appropriate and why action was taken. Remebering that prior to this banners and links where allowed as they are in most other forums.

OK, puts it in a different light then, I haven't seen any of those but then I do not stray far from the path of true righteousness that is LR4x4 ;)

Well what can i say.. Im not the most active member in the world but always find the posts useful and informative on here. The saga of the builds as they go along is excellent and helps me to get off my rear end and sort mine out.. To me the LRO boards are rubbish.. Cant see anything even on a 19" screen and so much moaning...

Me im happy here and always appreciate the help.. My only issue is SWMBO is trying to get me to sell the old girl and i dont want to.....

Matt

Well what can i say.. Im not the most active member in the world but always find the posts useful and informative on here. The saga of the builds as they go along is excellent and helps me to get off my rear end and sort mine out.. To me the LRO boards are rubbish.. Cant see anything even on a 19" screen and so much moaning...

Me im happy here and always appreciate the help.. My only issue is SWMBO is trying to get me to sell the old girl and i dont want to.....

Matt

you'll get a fair price for her

then you can buy some more bits for the L/R :)