Body Panel Business Stickers required

Paul64

Couple of ideas for you

post-69-1173194888_thumb.jpg

post-69-1173194875_thumb.jpg

I think the green with white border looks good. I deliberately went for a straightforward font as if it looks too busy and complicated the name can easily be missed. I thought the wording was quite long anyway without causing confusion during a quick glance.

They need to be 75cm long and 8cm high.

Can you manufacture them or do you design only? The same goes for the wheel cover?

I need to get moving on this as I am now moving lock stock and barrel to Transylvania in August and I have got 10 zillion other things to organise like boreholes, bathrooms and plumbing!

Cheers,

Paul

post-69-1173194888_thumb.jpg

Putting my picky graphic design hat on for a minute the typeface you are using is too narrow and hard to read, you need something a bit wider and clearer and the outline needs to be a bit thicker.

Here's a few I tried on the flag colour scheme:

post-21-1173208114_thumb.jpg

Putting my picky graphic design hat on for a minute the typeface you are using is too narrow and hard to read, you need something a bit wider and clearer and the outline needs to be a bit thicker.

Me and lots of choices!!??

It is good of you to point out the differences, and yes I do now prefer the top one in black with a white border. Definitely goes better with the red.

Cheers,

Paul.

Your opinion not the clients, I find the colour scheme and you hijack it...

Whatever!

Yes Paul I can manufacture as well as design.

Your choice...

Your opinion not the clients, I find the colour scheme and you hijack it...

Whatever!

Take it easy, just offering some constructive criticism - and hijacking your colour scheme??? :rolleyes: I'm not touting for business here just (hopefully) helping Paul find something that fits the bill. As I said there are a hundred tinpot "design" companies out there who wouldn't know a decent bit of design if it hit them over the head but they would happily take your money and sell you a sticker that looked rubbish.

Thanks Guys for your efforts. I do like the black with white border, but I am undecided about the Capital T's or not. The bottom line is I need these as stickers and a wheel cover. Do any of you Guys do both?

Sorry Fridge, I was being a tad touchy there. However if you'd have started 'In my opinion' it would have softened the critisicm rather than making it sound like I'd broken some golden design rules along the way.

The reason I chose a narrower font is that Pauls logo is quite long, with a wider font that means it has be smaller overall to fit the desired space. Narrower means it can be taller and therefore bigger.

Anyhoo back to the client...

Personally I wouldn't use the capital T, its not necessary for the web address and wastes valuable space

Paul if you could tell me what size the tyre cover needs to be I will get you a price. I can supply the stickers ready for you to apply and the tyre cover ready to fit or just stickers for your existing tyre cover.

Sorry Fridge, I was being a tad touchy there.

No worries ;) and there are no rules in design daaarling :lol:

At the risk of starting a lengthy discussion, I stuck the capitals in there to emphasise the start of the separate words and make it easier for people to pick out what is going on, rather than have it look like all one word and their brain have to recognise what the thing says. I tend to do the same with the team website - FlyingSpanners.net is easier to identify as two separate words than flyingspanners.net when written/printed. I agree it can take up a twitch more space and isn't necessary for the web address to work.

I would also comment on the sticker sizing - length will be the limiting factor but I would avoid fixing a height and then stretching/squashing the lettering to fit as it can look, well, squashed <_< and become harder to read - rather stick to the original typeface's natural size maybe with a maximum of 10% squashing. IMHO of course :P

Sorry Fridge, I was being a tad touchy there. However if you'd have started 'In my opinion' it would have softened the critisicm rather than making it sound like I'd broken some golden design rules along the way.

The reason I chose a narrower font is that Pauls logo is quite long, with a wider font that means it has be smaller overall to fit the desired space. Narrower means it can be taller and therefore bigger.

Anyhoo back to the client...

Personally I wouldn't use the capital T, its not necessary for the web address and wastes valuable space

Paul if you could tell me what size the tyre cover needs to be I will get you a price. I can supply the stickers ready for you to apply and the tyre cover ready to fit or just stickers for your existing tyre cover.

Thanks,

Just measured the tyre cover, 80cm across. I would prefer the tyre cover to be printed rather than stickers. Is that possible? Can you PM me with some prices.

I have read the thread regarding the lettering. I must admit the two capital T's does look good. However, everything else like business cards, web site etc is in lower case. I think it would look odd to have different styles depending on what the customer is looking at? What do you think?

Cheers, Paul.

Again being picky I have to wonder why everything is lower-case, surely the correct way to write it is using capitals? Your web address will work in any case so no problems there.

You have valid point Fridge. I have looked at it several times and with the incorporated capital letter it does break up what is quite a long web address. If my vehicle drives past it needs to be as memorable as possible. So if it is black with white border on red, then what about the black wheel cover, that surely will need to be a simple white lettering?

Hi,

Again thanks for all the help on this. I have eventually gone with Lee at customvinyl. Great communication and sends options to be viewed. He does stickers, wheel covers and T-shirts as well.

Cheers,

Paul