Body Panel Business Stickers required

Paul64

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a company that supply body panel business stickers? I don't want them full length of the Defender, just on each of the two front doors. I think stickers are preferable to the more expensive paint job option or nickable magnets. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Paul.

I'd like to see you stick magnetic ones to a Land Rover :lol:

A friend of mine in Cambridge had magnets on his van for a landscaping company. They were nicked by a Gypsy family who started trading for cash in his name. To cut a long story short it caused havoc to his business and the police refused to retrieve them from a 100 strong Gypsy encampment saying it was far too dangerous for them to do so.

Guest dew110CSW
A friend of mine in Cambridge had magnets on his van for a landscaping company.

What he means is a Landie is all Aluminium body panels so finding something to stick them to could be tricky!

Paul,

count me in as well,

I can help in designing or draw something custom to suit your needs eventually

;)

All stickers come in 3M vinyl,abrasion/scratches/powerwash/UVA resistant...

:D

A friend of mine in Cambridge had magnets on his van for a landscaping company. They were nicked by a Gypsy family who started trading for cash in his name. To cut a long story short it caused havoc to his business and the police refused to retrieve them from a 100 strong Gypsy encampment saying it was far too dangerous for them to do so.

police dont have 6 tonnes of pig slurry in a muck spreader and the motivation to engage the pto...........

Im Barry Scott - bang and the pikeys gone! pikey bang! pikey bang! pikey pikey pikey bang :)

Fantastic response, thanks.

This is what I need:-

transylvania4x4tours.com

Big enough to cover the width of lower rear side passenger doors on each side of my Defender.

I'm not sure about the colour though. Green on red??

What sort of price are we looking at?

I also need a wheel cover with the same logo plus telephone numbers. Do any of you do that as well?

Cheers,

Paul.

I've used both Custom Vinyl and Muddyweb.

Custom Vinyl have proven good for small runs and short lead times.

Muddyweb are better for hundreds of Stickers all produced to exactly the same standard.

Prices are very similar between everyone I've talked too.

Si

Green or blue on red is a no-no as it "vibrates", have a read-up on colours via google, and walk round with your eyes open for stuff (signs, posters, ads, websites, anything) that looks good / professional.

If you look at the join between each colour you can see that it is harsh which will make text in that combination hard to read.

complementary.gif

Colour is a huge subject in design, there are books and all sorts about it. If you really want to, have a nose round the design section of the library.

transylvania4x4tours.com

Big enough to cover(...) Green on red??

(...) wheel cover with the same logo plus telephone numbers. Do any of you do that as well?

Just like that?????

Plain simple standard lettering???

:mellow:

Ach,the lack of imagination...!!!

:rolleyes::P

My advice...for free (next time you'll pay :D )

I would rather try something different,a bit happier font...

...it would look better on the Defender and give that "plus"...

Colour,it depends on the range available at your friendly supplier,

and how it matches with your Defender paint...there are different reds and greens...

Lastly,I guess in Germany (you're in Germany,aren't you?)

you should find plenty of studios able to do that in a snap

and save on P&P costs...

I could have the chance to print on a wheecover,should check...

HTH...

P.S.

Good timing Fridge!

^^^ What Michele said too, there are lots of people who will bang out a bit of vinyl in a standard font without having the fist clue about what might look good. A good indication is to avoid anyone who uses Comic Sans it is the hallmark of cretins. Another one is if they get punctuation in the wrong place on people's signs / t-shirts / stickers - TreadWear are good for this and have been spotted selling stickers and t-shirts with the wrong use of your/you're :rolleyes:

There are as many books about typography as there are about colours, there is a good one my ex had but I can't remember the name of it now.

I like simple white on a red background. In fact white shows up very well on most colours if they are not too light. the white stickers on my red truck stand out well, in fact the silver ones aren't bad either.

Also simlple clear fonts are easier for people to read as you speed past them, oh yeh I forgot it's a 110 we're talking about.

I would like to point out that I use a couple of different "comic" fonts,much better

^_^

ner ner ner

:lol:

A good indication is to avoid anyone who uses Comic Sans it is the hallmark of cretins

I know you have better taste than to use Comic Sans Michele ;) it's a handy yardstick to measure people who claim to do "design" by though :lol:

AdComicsans.jpg

Oh and the typography book was "Elements of Typographic Design by Robert Bringhurst" aparrently it's a bit involved but worth a look if you're interested in making things look nice.

Fantastic response, thanks.

transylvania4x4tours.com

Big enough to cover the width of lower rear side passenger doors on each side of my Defender.

I'm not sure about the colour though. Green on red??

What sort of price are we looking at?

I also need a wheel cover with the same logo plus telephone numbers. Do any of you do that as well?

Cheers,

Paul.

What would be the horizontal dimension please?

As the national flag of Transylvania is Red/White/Green why not go for a green text with a white outline. On your red defender that would give the national colours. Also stop the red & green clashing as mentioned previously.

Alternatively a chiselled font in silver/white would look cool.