Roll cage mounts

muddy

I am fitting my new cage soon and need to fab some mounts, the rear ones i think i have sussed the design - 6mm plate welded to the side of the chassis like most people do, however i need to come up with a desighn for the front mounts, my hoop 'legs' will go through the wings and i will be starting from scratch with my outriggers, i know 6mm is the minimum but is there any mileage in making them from say 8mm? Does anyone have any pics of their outriggers and methods of attaching their cage?

thanks, will.

I am fitting my new cage soon and need to fab some mounts, the rear ones i think i have sussed the design - 6mm plate welded to the side of the chassis like most people do, however i need to come up with a desighn for the front mounts, my hoop 'legs' will go through the wings and i will be starting from scratch with my outriggers, i know 6mm is the minimum but is there any mileage in making them from say 8mm? Does anyone have any pics of their outriggers and methods of attaching their cage?

thanks, will.

Have you seen this? http://www.alrc.co.uk/new%20regulations/rbindex.htm

Andy

post-22-1175549871_thumb.jpg

When Jon and I did ours we "Added" to the crossmember by overlapping and making the ext out of 6mm plates, this was then connected to the cage via a lathed out tube which the front hoop drops in to, it has a HUGE bolt which goes up into a machined threaded boss M18 welded into the end of the tube PLUS a cross bolts assembly tubed through the tube etc and has bolts going through the lot so it is try to shear in tension and shear

HTH

Nige

post-22-1175549871_thumb.jpg

When Jon and I did ours we "Added" to the crossmember by overlapping and making the ext out of 6mm plates, this was then connected to the cage via a lathed out tube which the front hoop drops in to, it has a HUGE bolt which goes up into a machined threaded boss M18 welded into the end of the tube PLUS a cross bolts assembly tubed through the tube etc and has bolts going through the lot so it is try to shear in tension and shear

HTH

Nige

Hello Nige,

did you weld the extention to the chassis or is it kept with the big bold?

Henk