• cairns blue
    • chawton white
    • java black
    • keswick green
    • rimini red
    • stornaway grey
    • tonga green
    • zermatt silver

I am now slightly concerned about peoples comments on delays and build/batch problems but to that end the salesman did show me on the computer ones that he had waiting at solihull already built and also the ones still on the line. Perhaps delays come with the options people choose. I have gone for a standard County 90 SW. I'm not too worried about anything else as the engine and gearbox are already proven items and ECUs either work or dont and with a 3 year unlimited milage warranty it will soon be their problem if I get a problem with it. If I don't post pics on here in two weeks I'm gonna be upset as I plan to use the new bus for our family holiday to France in May.

Rich....

ps I found some nice pics on this review site (anyone else seen any?)

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/22/2007-la...fender-unveiled

Perhaps delays come with the options people choose. I have gone for a standard County 90 SW.

I was told that the first batch had been pre-allocated to each dealer and the only things that could be changed were colour and a few options - but not model etc. For wxample you couldn't take a 90 truck cab and swop it to a 90 SW.

I took a blue 110 XS SW with commercial pack (solid rear windows) and had it changed to a standard 110 XS SW in black which was exactly what I wanted. My dealer still assures me it is due in for a May delivery - fingers crossed.

Been to the dealers today and had a test drive, must say I was quite impressed, very quick through the gears and way way quieter than my TD5.

The six speed box would take a bit of getting used to though - I kept forgetting what gear I was in :unsure:

They had at least 4 vehicles outside, and they told me they were unaware of any problems although the station wagons were in short supply.

I guess now is a bit late to vote for keswick green then :rolleyes:

All the MOD vehicles here will now be Keswick Green (which looks like a primer that has missed out on a top coat!) so it ain't going to be a big seller here :lol:

:angry: hear this morning, that Defender production has stopped, something to do with a cooling problem with the transit engine,, and 40k transit are to be recalled ?? :unsure:

Is there any evidence to support your claim as I have an new one on order? I have been googling the web for over half an our an the only forum that mentions this cooling problem is this one. I have also been looking for the transit recall and cannot find anything.

Why are all the colour options metallic paint only........

That puts me off buying one straight away, Jeep have done the same frigging thing with the UK spec Wrangler. US models have loads of choice, UK has black with 4 COST metallic options.

Solid red, is this colour really so old fashioned?

chawton white & keswick green are non metallics

I know base reds in other manufacturers struggle !!

Keswick green looks pretty traditional. However, probably go for Cairns blue on balance.

Guest dew110CSW
chawton white & keswick green are non metallics

I know base reds in other manufacturers struggle !!

Indeed, just look at how many Mk1 Vauxhall Corsa's go pink after about 10 years if you don't T-Cut them weekly! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Mmm,, Just had a call about my order :o ,

Seems the delivery problems have been sorted, and its now expected with them middle to late next week :)

Will believe it when i see it :unsure:

JSG hows your coming along ?? See Cairns is now top vote :D

On Thurs I was told its still due in May - no firm date though and I was hoping to get it before next weekend as I'm going to Cornwall and need the boot space :D

I think I'll give them another call :angry:

Well I called in last night after they'd shut and it does indeed appear to be there along with 2 other 110 CSWs, another black one and a blue one. The other black one had a tow bar fitted (I didn't bother as I fancy a NAS rear step job and they wanted £600 plus to fit one :angry: ) so I gave it a pat and took a photo but I can't upload from the phone here at work.

I wonder if they can get it PDI'd etc before I go away at the weekend.

Well I called in last night after they'd shut and it does indeed appear to be there along with 2 other 110 CSWs, another black one and a blue one. The other black one had a tow bar fitted (I didn't bother as I fancy a NAS rear step job and they wanted £600 plus to fit one :angry: ) so I gave it a pat and took a photo but I can't upload from the phone here at work.

I wonder if they can get it PDI'd etc before I go away at the weekend.

Good luck with it, I absolutely love mine. I just checked my MPG this morning after filling he up (MY07 90CW) and its doing 33mpg, 200 of the miles were pulling 3/4 tonne aswell.

:) Mines in as well, But picking up next week, when it all ready

Good news. I've a feeling mine will end up being the end of next week as well - tomorrow seems a bit tight, unless they are working flat out on it today and most of tomorrow :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
bringing this back to the top to see if anyone has any real life photos of Defenders dressed in Keswick Green. Both my current XS and previous TD5 was Java Black and I'm toying with going with a solid colour if / when I decide to order a new one.

Didn't take a picture Steve, but I had a good look at a 90 in Keswick Green at the launch and I really liked it - it seemed a 'proper Landrover colour'

Didn't take a picture Steve, but I had a good look at a 90 in Keswick Green at the launch and I really liked it - it seemed a 'proper Landrover colour'

Thanks John. I've not been able to track one down around here but from what I've seen in the brochure I like the looks of it.