2007 Defender - Steering Protection?

I've got a 90 CSW XS on order for delivery in mid June. I got quoted an obscene amount by the dealer for for some steering protection. I declined thinking I might be better sourcing myself.

I'm a bit of a newby to this so please bear with me. (I've previously had a 110 TD5 CSW, and 3 Discos, currently a latest incarnation Disco.)

I will use the car around highland Perthshire. I cross some river fords - about 20-25". I want to protect against clattering the underside against a rock in the river - they can get moved around in the winter floods etc.

My questions are basically - what do I need, and will the parts fit to '07 XS CSW:

Dan bar?

Track rod/steering protection?

Steering guard - with recovery eyes - or are separate ones better

Diff guard?

Are there any changes to the '07 car that mean that parts might not fit?

Thanks

Lyonheart

My 110 XS is due ? Early June, and all the bits (front winch, steering guard, rack etc) are coming off the old one, and going on the new,,

When i looked under the demo i had, all the parts should fit across, as no visible difference from the TD5 version,

For what you are doing,, i would go for a steering guard & diff guard

Something like this for the diff

and something like this for the steering

My 110 XS is due ? Early June, and all the bits (front winch, steering guard, rack etc) are coming off the old one, and going on the new,,

When i looked under the demo i had, all the parts should fit across, as no visible difference from the TD5 version,

For what you are doing,, i would go for a steering guard & diff guard

Something like this for the diff

and something like this for the steering

Thanks for this. How hard to fit? Will I need any more than a torque wrench and some sockets?

i'd phone Southdown and ask Dave what he recommends, prob slightly cheaper than devon as well! (sorry Tim)

Hey,, I was not saying to buy from D4x4,, but for illustration purposes only,,

That's not to say i would not recommend them :)

The Devon one looks like a Bearmach part number? and the diff guard looks to be the same one as BM sell too.

http://www.rebel4x4.co.uk/steering_guards.htm from £39.00 for a basic steel one though I prefer shiny alloy (bling!)

Rebel diff guards look cr*p but I assume they do the job...

Guest diesel_jim
Rebel diff guards look cr*p but I assume they do the job...

hopefully better than their customer services! :angry::angry: