tdi 300

I know most probably this has been told a lot of times... but i have no patience to look around

does the tdi 300 engine , go straight fit to an Lt 77 Fitted on a CSW. Presently the gearbox is mated to a 2.5 N/A engine.

I know i have to cut the chassis mounting legs, exhaust etc, but is the gearbox ok, and will it perform properly especially for overland travel.

any other drawbacks i should know about ? do i have to modify the fuel thank or is the same ?

thanks

Thanks for the help..

one other thing... the tdi 300 is from a defender. Since i used to read that the 300 had a defect in the timing belt setup and needed to have the tensioner and gear replaced... thus this apply to the defender engine too or it applies only to the discovery engine?

thanks in advance.

I know most probably this has been told a lot of times... but i have no patience to look around

if the above sounded rude, i apologise !! :unsure:

Thanks for the help..

one other thing... the tdi 300 is from a defender. Since i used to read that the 300 had a defect in the timing belt setup and needed to have the tensioner and gear replaced... thus this apply to the defender engine too or it applies only to the discovery engine?

Yep its needed on the defender engine too straight forward enough though

Thanks for the help..

It probably has already been done as belt consumption is quite ferocious otherwise.

Mo