Speakers

Guest WALFY

Guest WALFY

Since fitting my new bulkhead I purchased a new lower dash to fit the speakers to. The drivers side is great but on the passenger side the wiper motor sits in the way. I have some small spacers but don't do the trick. I then purchased some other speakers with bigger spacers and they still don't fit.

Anyone got any ideas

Since fitting my new bulkhead I purchased a new lower dash to fit the speakers to. The drivers side is great but on the passenger side the wiper motor sits in the way. I have some small spacers but don't do the trick. I then purchased some other speakers with bigger spacers and they still don't fit.

Anyone got any ideas

If you can still find them in a scrappy, late Vauxhall Cavalier door speakers will work as they have a deep rim round them allowing you to surface mount them on the lower dash padding. Maplin do a grill which is an exact fit...

Guest WALFY

In a truck cab. With posh carpet as a headliner. There is no where else. There must be a factory solution cos the holes are there. Can't see miniture wiper motor fitted when the speakers are.

Guest WALFY

I'll have to look at moving the motor the to avoid my problem. At the moment the motor completly blocks the hole where the speaker wants to go.

Guest diesel_jim

My 110 CSW came with the spacer as standard, but you can't fit speakers with really big magnets on them, as they still interfere with the wiper motor.

It's a pain as the bigger the magnet, generally the better the sound quality!

Guest WALFY

I'll take some pics and post them up. It could be that I have not mounted the motor in the correct position. After all it is a TD5 bulkhead in a 1984 motor. Will have to think outside the box now with ref fitting the motor to the b/head

Guest WALFY

Here is the position of my motor. Do you think that the braketry from a TD5 motor will fit my motor? Or will a TD5 motor fit the cable of the older system.

cookiemonster001.jpg

Guest diesel_jim

^^^^ that wiper motor is definately too close to the "hole", there should be an inch or so clearance to allow the back of the speaker in there.

maybe the strap that holds it up needs re-adjusting?

Guest WALFY

I must admit that when I fixed it in position I just put it in what looked like a nice angle for the control rod. Will have to look at moving the bracket. If I get chance this weekend

Here is a shot of my wiper motor in place but I don't have a picture of it's location with the lower dash in place and speaker removed.....

Hope the picture helps you with location....

post-1475-1178656131_thumb.jpg

Neil

Guest WALFY

Neil

Thanks for that. Will take off the corner piece and see if I can move it without having to strip the whole dash :o

Guest WALFY

Ralph

Your a star. Not only part numbers but a mobile model for all to look at. Better than Haynes manual of lies :D :D

Guest diesel_jim
Ralph

Your a star. Not only part numbers but a mobile model for all to look at. Better than Haynes manual of lies :D :D

Just don't let him do his male modelling bit.... :blink::blink::unsure: