Can you identify this component?

ThreeSheds

This little dooberry is located next to the healight box on my '90 3.9 RRC - there is one on the OS but not on the NS (just dangling wires there). Haynes doesn't appear to mention it and I wondered if... No that's not true: I know that somebody out there will know what it is :)

Oh and it appeared to hav a very thin lulu bracket at one time that has corroded away.

WhatsThis.JPG

Thanks in advance!

TwoSheds

p.s. Is 'lulu' a commonly used term for aluminium or is it just local to the scrapyards of Nottingham where I grew up?

Can you see what it is connected back to on the wiring harness?

ie "Gis a clue"

I like these games

I wish I could give you a clue - but I am completely clueless myself :o

It just dives into the loom through a weird little two-pole-can't-get-it-wrong-half-moon connector... No idea where it goes from there and I can't find it in Haynes. I wondered if it is an ambient temp sensor, but then why would there be wiring for twos? Another idea: Automatic headlight dipper with left and right had drive wiring but only one fitted perhaps?

Somebody knows... :)

I think this is the temp sender for the heated washer jets.

Ahhh - sounds plausible... I do have heated washer jest on mine...

Why the wiring for two of them though? (I only have one, but the funny connector is there on the other side too...)

TwoSheds