Newbie questions!

Hi,

Quite a few years ago I had a series IIa canvas topped landy and I am looking to buy a Defender 90 which will be my main vehicle as well as an off road toy. I'm looking at approx a 10-15 year old 90.

I wanted to know if the hardtops can be easily unbolted and removed?

Are only ex MOD 90's of that age canvas topped?

Do all 90's have discs all round?

Also, did any 90's come with diff locks?

cheers

Robert

90's were/are available with full hardtops/ full softtops [tilts] & truckcabs [2 man cab] ful hardtop is just bolted onto the body waist rail & top of screen, easy to remove but will need at least 4 mates to lift off in one part, not all 90's only from 1994 model year had rear disk brakes as factory original fit, but mant older 90's have either RR or Discovery rear axles fitted, no 90 has factory standard fit diff locks only the transferbox centre diff was standard.

hth :D

& Welcome to LR4x4 :D

90's were/are available with full hardtops/ full softtops [tilts] & truckcabs [2 man cab] ful hardtop is just bolted onto the body waist rail & top of screen, easy to remove but will need at least 4 mates to lift off in one part, not all 90's only from 1994 model year had rear disk brakes as factory original fit, but mant older 90's have either RR or Discovery rear axles fitted, no 90 has factory standard fit diff locks only the transferbox centre diff was standard.

hth :D

& Welcome to LR4x4 :D

Cool, thanks for your reply :)