P38 LHD Headlight units

Philip4x4

Hello All,

Before any forum Mod castigates me for posting here I know this should be in the classified section but due to the 20 post rule I cant post there yet.

I am looking for a pair of LHD headlight units for a P38 Range Rover 1999 I need the units to convert to French registration and hate the thought of parting with 200GBP+ each for a pattern part. Has anyone got a pair from a converted car or a scrapper?? I have tried just about every parts dealer and scrap yard I could find that deals in RR used parts, throughout Europe, and can only find one pair for sale unfortunately they will not ship to France!!!

Also for sale after the conversion 1 PR RHD Headlight units for above.

Regards

Philip

Christine... Wasn't that a car from Stephen King novel...? :ph34r:

Exactly!

The damn thing used to keep running after I'd switched it off hence it's name.

Still like it now, but at least I know why now. Just can't afford to rectify the problem.

Bishbosh thanks for that if you can find any I am sure the post is not that prohibitive.

Yellow thanks for the links had already tried Rangerover Recycling they had a pair but wanted 120 Euros each for them and were an bit vague about postage to France and payment so I continued my search. I also asked about the price for a 200Tdi Defender engine as a spare for my Defender and they quoted me 2500 Euros for an engine of undetermined mileage and again vague about delivery or payment terms so I think I will be giving them a miss at those prices.

I have just mailed Jansen today to see if they have any.

I am ofc scanning ebay across Europe as well. Found a pair of rhd lights in UK which sold for £50 each which is more the sort of figure I had in mind. I will post on the North American boards tonight.

Thank you both

Philip

• 2 weeks later...

Damn ...he just replied and wants to let it run......also stated a charge of £33.00 the pair to send to France!!!

Just had a pair of Difflocks Wide wheel ramps weighing 26kgs sent for £15. Oh well have to join in the mad scramble at the end I guess....there goes my Saturday night...lol

Philip

One happy bunny here,

I managed to win all three items that were on that Ebay auction so I will have not just a pair of LHD light units but a spare LHD L/H unit as well.

If anyone needs a LHD L/H headlight unit with Flasher and bulbs for a P38 please contact me. I will also have for sale a pair of RHD units (no flashers) as well, as soon as these arrive. Message me if any one needs these I am sure we can come to an arrangement. Remember though I am in France so the postage will be a bit heavy.

Philip

Hi Phillip , great stuff you managed to keep the bid down then.

I may be interested in the offisde h/light , mine has a crack in it , passed the MOT but may need replacing soon, can you let me know how much incl postage ?

thanks

Chris