Real World Winch Test

Kev Baldwin

I think the test lacked in a couple of places

milemarker bought a new winch design- whcih was just stupid. They should have been told to bring a standard winch.

T-max- the thimble on the string came out so they cancelled the test. That's silly because you aren't then testing the winch, you're testing the rigging.

would have been nice if they had fixed the problems above, otherwise it's an interesting test.

Go the 'numbers' page and read just how close the EPi and the XP were

This test has been out a little while now and it makes interesting reading. Also check out the reply from Superwinch where it mentions the real Warrantee (the biggest selling point mentioned for Warn)

T-max- the thimble on the string came out so they cancelled the test. That's silly because you aren't then testing the winch, you're testing the rigging.

I think if you are using rope, you should know how to splice it, so the thimble comng off the end really should be an issue, as it can then just be looped round and spliced into itselt. I would have thought that if you were savvy enough to be using the kit, you should know how to fix it 'in the field' too...

Otherwise, it is quite interesting reading.

I guess they were limiting themselves to electric winches, hence not using the milemarker hydraulic affair....

I havn't got as far as reading the install articles, but I do wonder if the battery/cable/charging setups were sufficiently similar to be compared?

more reading required I guess...

Mark

Interesting reading, I use a hydraulic in front and a e9 on the rear, I have to agree with everything said about the superwinch, it is really strong and the lower amp draw means I do not need a huge battery set up to work it