Not such a bargain........

JSG

There's a 110 Tomb Raider that's been up on eBay in at least 4 different locatons around the country (with same set of pics!) offered for similar money. Wouldn't mind betting this one's from the same source. The Tomb Raider keeps getting removed from eBay before the auction is up, but the scammers/sellers still manages to keep relisting it!

Kev

The TombRaider is my old one,,and yes Kev,, been on 4 times now,, The pictures were taken in Scotland, This time it completed the auction, Check the bidding, i wonder who bid £300k !!! :ph34r:

Copy of mail back from the scammer

--------------------------------------------------

Hello,

The Land Rover is in perfect working condition.

My experienced Defender tech has fully checked out this car and gives it a special high rating has a CLEAN TITLE a great history and mechanically without any problems ever safety check and pre-delivery inspection along with a fresh servicing before I ship or deliver the vehicle.I always kept it in my garage,away from bad weather and it looks gorgeous.

The problem is that in the meanwhile I had to move with my family in Germany where I got a new job as a construction engineer.The amount you will have to pay in order to own this vehicle is £5,000 with shipping costs included!

Unfortunately I am forced to let it go.You see, due to my job I had to move to Germany and I just found a great house offer.The thing is that I have to make a deposit so I can be sure that I won't loose this great offer.On the other hand, I hope I will find someone who will treat this baby like I did.

Also, I take in consideration only those buyers who are really interested in buying the car,so be sure that I don't waste my time with endless discussions. This way, I shall be assured of your serious intentions.

I only use eBay approved payment methods for this kind of transaction.

Let me know if you are still interested.

Regards,

---------------------------------------------------------

Check out the previous winner of the G4 110,s (ttscooter ) items for sale !!! here !!!

Just love the feed back comment...........

"DIRTY SCAMMING IMAGRANT DO NOT TRUST THIS DIRTY SCAMMER IF FOUND SHOOT HIM!!!!!!"

Straight to the point :lol::lol:

I hope he did not get to much of the other guys money :(

Jim :)

I did ask him if he could provide a photo of the rear loadbed, he replied by email:

Hello,

My experienced Defender tech has fully checked out this car and gives it a special high rating has a CLEAN TITLE a great history and mechanically without any problems ever safety check and pre-delivery inspection along with a fresh servicing before I ship or deliver the vehicle.I always kept it in my garage,away from bad weather and it looks gorgeous.

The problem is that in the meanwhile I had to move with my family in Germany where I got a new job as a construction engineer.The amount you will have to pay in order to own this vehicle is £5,000 with shipping costs included!

Unfortunately I am forced to let it go.You see, due to my job I had to move to Germany and I just found a great house offer.The thing is that I have to make a deposit so I can be sure that I won't loose this great offer.On the other hand, I hope I will find someone who will treat this baby like I did.

Also, I take in consideration only those buyers who are really interested in buying the car,so be sure that I don't waste my time with endless discussions. This way, I shall be assured of your serious intentions.

Regards,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles.

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when.

His email is lasamasus@yahoo.com if you wish to drop him a line :rolleyes:

OK you ebay scam experts!

Why does the scammer who is 'selling' the Tomb Raider let the bids get over £5,000 and then cancell the bids saying:

private listing -- bidders identities protected

Cancelled: £5,000.00

Explanation:This is a pre-approved auction.Contact me to get approved.

Bid:30-Jul-07 00:55:48 BST

Cancelled: 30-Jul-07 05:36:06 BST

confused-smiley-013.gif

He,s keen! I've got a phone number now.

Email No. 2

Hello,

As I said in my first email the car is currently located in Germany and it will be shipped from here with a truck.You will get the car in front of your door.

Usually shipment takes maximum 7 days depending on your location and will be fully insured against damages,shipped in a crated container. Total price of the car including all shipping costs and insurance all the way to your place is 5,000 GBP.

The deal will go strictly according to eBay's rules and policy regarding ebay protection program - to start the official transaction, I need to know your details- ebay ID, ebay full name and shipping address- as soon as I have them I'll start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this. You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them (please go through them exactly).

Here you have my phone number : 0031616757942

Respectfully,

I emailed the to `ask what size the tyres were?`

and got this as a reply

Hello,

Regards,

OK you ebay scam experts!

Why does the scammer who is 'selling' the Tomb Raider let the bids get over £5,000 and then cancell the bids saying:

private listing -- bidders identities protected

Cancelled: £5,000.00

Explanation:This is a pre-approved auction.Contact me to get approved.

Bid:30-Jul-07 00:55:48 BST

Cancelled: 30-Jul-07 05:36:06 BST

confused-smiley-013.gif

Now he has interested bidder(s) he can contact them individually and try to con them all.

0031 is not the dialling code for Germany

0031 is Holland.

This is a real phone number, I'll give him a ring :rolleyes:

Smart, 'cos then he'll have you ebay id, name, address and phone number to sell on to other scammers :rolleyes:

You'll be plagued with phising emails and 419 emails and calls, unless you have a lot of spare time to dedicate to winding people up don't do it.

Smart, 'cos then he'll have you ebay id, name, address and phone number to sell on to other scammers :rolleyes:

You'll be plagued with phising emails and 419 emails and calls, unless you have a lot of spare time to dedicate to winding people up don't do it.

Smart?.......... throwaway email address, withheld phone number and not actually give my real name or actual address :ph34r: