Part No required please

istruggle2gate11

Can somebody please supply me with the part no for a idler pulley used on on the v belt style RRV8. Circa 1989.

If standing at the front of the car looking into the engine bay, Its positioned on the lower left hand side, and tensions the water pump v belt. There is also one on the Sanden type air conditioning bracket.

Its about 2.5" in diameter.

It looks like the bearing could be replaced, but I dont want to destroy it finding out.

Searched Rimmer Bros website but cant find it.

614718 idler tensioner ancillary drive V8 EFI RRC [on right below water pump, when stood in front of vehicle looking at engine bay] or etc6159 sits below the air cond pump & has a split clamp type mounting.

hth :D

post-20-1187209541_thumb.jpg

post-20-1187209556_thumb.jpg

Edited by western

614718 idler tensioner ancillary drive V8 EFI RRC [on right below water pump, when stood in front of vehicle looking at engine bay] or etc6159 sits below the air cond pump & has a split clamp type mounting.

hth :D

614718 it is!

Thank you very much, see if I can get one now, its louder than all other components on the engine put together.

614718 it is!

Thank you very much, see if I can get one now, its louder than all other components on the engine put together.

Rog,

I am pretty sure I have a good secondhand one of these attached to its mounting bracket if it is of any use & depending how fast you want it!

I could have a look tomorrow when I get home from work & post to you Friday!

cheers,

Can somebody please supply me with the part no for a idler pulley used on on the v belt style RRV8. Circa 1989.

If standing at the front of the car looking into the engine bay, Its positioned on the lower left hand side, and tensions the water pump v belt. There is also one on the Sanden type air conditioning bracket.

Its about 2.5" in diameter.

It looks like the bearing could be replaced, but I dont want to destroy it finding out.

Searched Rimmer Bros website but cant find it.

If you remove the pulley and clean it up you should/may be able to read the bearing number details on the front edge of the bearing - Go to the nearest bearing supplier and ask for that bearing, should only be a few dollars. The "Old" bearing should just knock out, then you can press the new one in - If carefull you can also set it up square and tap it in with a hammer and a piece of hardwood.

Good luck hope this helps.