This could be usefull?

EXCELLENT!!!!!

Yes Rog you are right...these have been VERY hard to get hold of, and when you can get them they are extremely expensive!!!

After looking them up on the exact fabrication website (www.exactfabrication.co.uk) i've also found the ground anchors, batteries, alternators and heavy duty weld-on diff pans which all seem very reasonably priced....can't beleive the ground anchor is only 8kgs!!!!!!!!!!!

Think my overdraft's going to get some more abuse very very soon indeed..... (if my card had a face.. :o )

Matt

....can't beleive the ground anchor is only 8kgs!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt

Just out of interest has anybody tested/used in anger one of these? i saw one at Billing on there stand as i went passed but forgot to go back and have a better look :rolleyes: 8kgs :o bl**dy hell let's hope it's a good'un! my devon one sooooo bl**dy heavy! :angry:

Long time no speak Mr Turner hows tricks?

You should have stopped by at the show for a beer or UFO :)

The anchor has been done by me and Si as a joint venture,god there has been over 200 hours put into the design and protyping alone!!!!! We went through 16 varations of boom length,boom angle and blade angle until we were happy with the results,if you measure the angles they are ALL different to any other on the market past or preasent.As regards the materials used we have nothing to hide,no unobtainum or top secret metals used just good old Domex and Clubman 500.I would be more than happy for you to try one @ the next AWDC event if you are up for it???

Chris

Long time no speak Mr Turner hows tricks?

You should have stopped by at the show for a beer or UFO :)

The anchor has been done by me and Si as a joint venture,god there has been over 200 hours put into the design and protyping alone!!!!! We went through 16 varations of boom length,boom angle and blade angle until we were happy with the results,if you measure the angles they are ALL different to any other on the market past or preasent.As regards the materials used we have nothing to hide,no unobtainum or top secret metals used just good old Domex and Clubman 500.I would be more than happy for you to try one @ the next AWDC event if you are up for it???

Chris

Ive got a Sc^p90n anchor, its a good anchor but the thing is way too heavy at 20Kg, if your new anchor can handle the abuse then i would be interested.

Just out of interest has anybody tested/used in anger one of these? i saw one at Billing on there stand as i went passed but forgot to go back and have a better look :rolleyes: 8kgs :o bl**dy hell let's hope it's a good'un! my devon one sooooo bl**dy heavy! :angry:

A couple of weeks ago we used one to winch a discovery up one of the the steepest hills at bures Pit about <30deg, the 2 points on the blade made piercing the very hard ground easy, and it was very light to use.

I would Like to see the eye on the end reinforced and bigger (I'm sure it's fine as it is) and a better coating (longevity & easy clean factor) plus a method of fitting into the D44 front mount.

9/10

Chris are you stocking the full range of JJ's inc slugs and jam nut's?

Peter

Peter

Glad you liked the anchor,the end of the boom being flattend is stronger than welding in a bar like some of the other manufactures do + it keeps weight down which was one of the main aims.Nick fields took one away with him @ Billing and he loves it.

As for mounting it 3 quick fist is the fav so far but i have designed a mount for it but it is'nt really for release just yet but will be in the next 2-3 weeks (ready for Peterborugh show).

As for the Johnny Joints yep we have EVERY size of joint,jam nut and weld-in bung in stock that Currie do with tube to suit all applications.If you need any bits just give me a call and i will sort you a good deal out same as any other LR4x4 members.

Chris

Are these a variation of the Danforth boat anchor principal whereby they dig themselves deep into the ground until you winch all the way up to them and then they automatically uproot themselves ?

Bill.

They would probably up-root themselves if you were pulling from directly above - but that's tricky without 2 metre lift-springs! There is an eye on the back of the shovel for extraction - which is the most reliable option.

My part in this was the basic design and stress analysis. Dave Nas90, who runs a Laser Cutting co had a lot of input in to material choice for the shovel & gusset. Of course it is possible to break anything, but our basic premise was for it to be able to survive a double-line pull from any standard winch - so about 25,000lb pull.

It is weakest in torsion (blade burried, pulling arm sideways), but still I think the blade would move before the tube came to any harm.

We have tested it in comparison with two other popular anchors and it performs at least as well in all cases, except it's half the weight!

Si

We have tested it in comparison with two other popular anchors and it performs at least as well in all cases, except it's half the weight!

Si

Chris, I'm happy to give it a try at the 3 comp's i'm doing next month, 7/sister's, challenger 4x4 and the euro, a good mixed bag of ground. If you want to send me one to try, i will give you a straight report on how it perform's! if it work's i'll buy it and keep you informed on how it doing over the last event's of the year.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

How the F**k would you know how heavy that thing is... the only reason you know you have one of those heavy ground anchors is because you see me running around with it every now and then.

Having said that - - please boss, can I have the light weight one.... :ph34r: .....

oh yes the other thing- - get that motor running would you...

my devon one sooooo bl**dy heavy!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

How the F**k would you know how heavy that thing is... the only reason you know you have one of those heavy ground anchors is because you see me running around with it every now and then.

Having said that - - please boss, can I have the light weight one.... :ph34r: .....

oh yes the other thing- - get that motor running would you...

wow! are they very heavy! :unsure:

EXCELLENT!!!!!

Yes Rog you are right...these have been VERY hard to get hold of, and when you can get them they are extremely expensive!!!

After looking them up on the exact fabrication website (www.exactfabrication.co.uk) i've also found the ground anchors, batteries, alternators and heavy duty weld-on diff pans which all seem very reasonably priced....can't beleive the ground anchor is only 8kgs!!!!!!!!!!!

Think my overdraft's going to get some more abuse very very soon indeed..... (if my card had a face.. :o )

Matt

Hi Matt

How's the RIB going?

I like the look of the new eXact anchor too. I wonder if they would make a small version for my RIB if it has the same qualities as a Danforth.

John