Help !

s2hotdog

Hi all

I thought that I had found all the bodges on my 90 - but tonight I found another!

I am in the process of fitting a snorkle - so have been looking closely at my existing air box/filter set up and found this

Image011_1.jpg

Not good is it I've had my 90 for over 2 and a half years like this ! not done many miles though thankfully or in that dusty conditions

So I need a favour - what air box do I have thought it was a disco but not so sure have brought a disco filter and its was too long

The existing measures 200mm 8 inches approx my air box measures 235 mm approx 9.25 inches - this is from the bottom rubber ring to where its screwed on

More photos of what I have

Image022.jpg

Mounting bracket

Image029.jpg

I think its a TD airbox and filter - but not sure

The thought of going into a car factors and explaning to a spotty kid what I want is not that appealing when he asks me what it came off ...............

So cheers for any help or a confirmmed measure would be great :D

Forgive the carp phone photos

Going to enjoy the rest of my beer now

Steve

I've got the same in my 300tdi defender. Well it looks the same, but too dark to go and measure up now!

Hi all

I thought that I had found all the bodges on my 90 - but tonight I found another!

I am in the process of fitting a snorkle - so have been looking closely at my existing air box/filter set up and found this

Image011_1.jpg

Not good is it I've had my 90 for over 2 and a half years like this ! not done many miles though thankfully or in that dusty conditions

So I need a favour - what air box do I have thought it was a disco but not so sure have brought a disco filter and its was too long

The existing measures 200mm 8 inches approx my air box measures 235 mm approx 9.25 inches - this is from the bottom rubber ring to where its screwed on

More photos of what I have

Image022.jpg

Mounting bracket

Image029.jpg

I think its a TD airbox and filter - but not sure

The thought of going into a car factors and explaning to a spotty kid what I want is not that appealing when he asks me what it came off ...............

So cheers for any help or a confirmmed measure would be great :D

Forgive the carp phone photos

Going to enjoy the rest of my beer now

Steve

Doesn't look anything like my 200tdi disco one...

Disco one doesn't have the extra pipe tee'd into the output, and the side entry is at the other end, about 2/3rds of the way along.

Sorry, I don't know what it is, but I am pretty damned sure it is not a 200 disco filter.

Mark

There are two types of disco 200 air box and the filter is not interchangable. The later one has a pronounced flange at one end which is what I think you have.

So you need the other 200 tdi discovery air filter.

The Defender 200 air box is similar to yours but is the same length as the earlier disco box.

Mo

Could be a 200tdi box with a TD filter fitted. TD filters are same construction and diameter but shorter.

If you need it and Forum relay can get if fron Andover to chichester I probably have a spare TD filter box.

Thanks for all the replies chaps !

Lots of confusion - as to what in is then - not surprised - read on

I did pop in to my local car part factors today and talked to a spotty kid and then the manager

Tried the TD - what I have at the moment too small

Tried Disco - too big

Tried 110 + 90 TDI - too big

After much looking at catalogs head scraching - looking at sizes on the internet :huh:

Been told its not landrover at all but a japanise :o air box

I can't believe it ! but thats what they told me - it dose have the drip outlet on it - very strange

Got one on order anyway - as I said my landie is a bit of a bodge hopfully thats the last one I find - wish I spotted it earlier! :ph34r:

Thanks again

Steve