X-Eng Challenge

JST

Thank you X-Eng for Sponsoring another Wellington Event - Simon it is greatly appreciated thank you.

A big thank you to Chris, Tim, Kevin and Dawn and Bob for their Marshalling and controlling the unruly mob!

A good fun event and nice to codrive again! Thank you Chris for running the day in my absence and Thank you Nick for the Opportunity to Codrive. (we didn't count our scores as it wouldn't have been fair knowing where all the punches were).

Some great results and hard work, all the punches were achieved over the course of the day, but no one vehicle achieved all the punches.

I trust you all enjoyed it and will look forward to the next event on 24 Nov, followed by the Marshalls DRD on the 25th.

Results:

Std:

1st Russell Lowton and Lewis Alderson 2883pts

2nd Stuart Ball and Tim Redman 2533pts

3rd Paul Radford and Josh Jacobs 1633pts

4th Craig Hope and Kris Murphy (retd early) 600pts

Std +1

1st Mark Morgan and Steve Gittins 3800 pts

2nd David Webber and Walfy 3400pts

Modified:

1st Tony Cordell and Mike Dunlop 3350pts

2nd Paul Skinner and Kevin Pocock 2650 pts

3rd Bert and Dan Smith (Treelads) 1550pts

4th Graeme Mitchell and Rob Langley (retired 2hrs in) 233pts

5th Pete Mitchell and Adrian Pike (retired 1.5hrs in!) 217 pts

a few pics of the winners. Anyone got any action pics? (i was a little busy!)

Std winner:

X-Eng13Oct07WinnerStdRusLewisSmall.jpg

Std + 1 winners (X-Eng sponsored team)

X-Eng13Oct07WinnerStd1Small.jpg

Modified Winners:

X-Eng13Oct07013-WinnerModifiedSmall.jpg

" I was a little busy "

Not when me and Dave saw you. Just messing around on a small slope with all your 3 winches :D :D :D . 2nd low and a bit of right boot and Daves TD just flew up that slope ;)

A great day, thanks to all the marshals.

It was nice to have a vehicle which lasted long enough to all (but one) punches. It finally seems to be working together, apart from breaking the rear rope on the second punch. :rolleyes:

It does undoubtedly help to have a co-driver who knows where the punches are. :P

2.5hrs pressure washing later revealed one quite bent front diff guard and little else,

bar the spot lamp and CB ariel getting either broken or removed entirely.

not bad for a days efforts,

I'm sure knowing where the punches are may be of some help :)

Another good day.

Not bad coming third for the lads I guess considering they bust two CV's, snapped the rear winch rope, lost two strops (found one) and trashed both front radius arms bush's and several other bits and peices.

The round cross member beneath the gearbox resembles a horse shoe, dunno how they managed to trash that but not the steering arm. There must be some sort of big rock in the quarry?.

What if all the cars were scored on one table James? Rather than as separate classes. I am not suggesting that they should be all scored together in one class, just to see who in standard/plus one beat cars running in modified - assuming all punches had equal value for each competitor - if you are with me.

Chris

interesting to see if James still has the cards and doesn't mind entering them gain into the spread sheet.

we got 32 of 40 punches 2nd place got 30 of 40 IIRC inc punch 35

depends on which punches were the only ones achieved for the scoring

we got every one in the Quarry and missed 8 of the woods 15

Overall scores taking all vehicles against each other with no allowance for vehicle modifications/ penalty points etc

Interesting enough points dictates the winner not no of punches) ie punch 35 only i car got it so it was worth 200 points but that meant they didnt have time to get several other punches, but as it turned out alot of other cars also got those punches and hence brought the values down!

1st White90 1194 (M)

2nd RJL 1125 (S)

3rd Stuart Ball - 1008 (s)

4th OFarmer & Steve90 - 995 (Std+1)

5th Paul Skinner - 970 (M)

6th Weeble - 961 (Std + 1)

7th Paul radford - 694 (s)

8th Bert and Crig - 632 (m)

9th Craig Hope - 220 (s) retired.

10th Pete Mitchell 102 (m) retired early

11th Graeme Mitchell 98 (m) retired early

Yet another well set out event. Just a few teathing trouble's with Pikeys truck but that was expected seeing as it was the first time it had been out and the winch's etc were only finnished in the weeks before. 2 broken winch ropes on about our 4th punch of the morning due to some sharp edge's on the truck that we hadn't forseen being a problem (rear one was my fault coz I wasn't looking) This saw us taking some time out for a few repairs and then only having a front winch for the rest of the morning. Got a new rope sometime in the afternoon and then lost a front tyre off both beads of the wheel. We got it off (halfway through the punch) and after some failed attempts, managed to wrap the winch rope round it to get it to seal and blow it up (thankyou Craigy for the compressor) then about half hour later we lost the rear tyre :angry::angry: . All in all we were pleased with the way the truck went, Its not as straight as it previously was but thats what happens when you play in the woods! Nothing serious, Just time consuming niggley problems. It hung together and worked well overall, Well done Pikey.

Thanks to all the Marshals, James and Simon for another cracking event, looking forward to the next one!