Parabolic springs

gorgeous george

Almost saved up enough cash to purchase some parabolic springs for my Landy next week. The man asked me if I was after 2, 3 or 4 leave springs for the rear. This got me thinking how many did i really need? I know it depends on how much weight you carry in the back and how often you carry it or how often your towing things. But I'm still unsure. Since i recently changed the original station wagon cab to just a truck cab and am about to fit a fairly heavy roll bar behind the cab. I still dont know if I should go for two leaves or three in the rear. I dont usually carry heavy loads but I might occasionally. How important is it that i have the right amount of leaves? and how many do you think i need? is it a big deal? :)

cheers.

Greg

88" used for unladen or off road wants 2 leaf, if used for a lot of towing/carrying then go for 3 leaf, 4 leaf are normally 1 ton rear so you might as well weld the axle to the chassis instead.

My 109" has TIC 3+1 rears and it does not do many miles but what they are is mainly towing/carrying so they will get changed to TIC 4 leaf with the 3 + 1 leaf going on my 88" as it does currently feel a bit soft on the springs.

I would suggest 3 leaves,unless you are looking at rocky mountain springs.

British Springs,TIC or CP 2 leaves are a bit too soft for any series.

If your buying new shocks to go with them,dont buy pro comp es 9000,they are too stiff for a series.3000s or 1000s may be ok,I havent tried them.

Let us know how you get on - its always useful to hear others experiences of aftermarket products.

All the best. Jerry.

I would suggest 3 leaves,unless you are looking at rocky mountain springs.

British Springs,TIC or CP 2 leaves are a bit too soft for any series.

If your buying new shocks to go with them,dont buy pro comp es 9000,they are too stiff for a series.3000s or 1000s may be ok,I havent tried them.

Let us know how you get on - its always useful to hear others experiences of aftermarket products.

All the best. Jerry.

Yeah i have 2 leafs on the rear of my lwt. I can only carry 100kgs, before it feels like jelly!!!

If its SWB 2 leaf front 3 leaf rears. 4 leaf rears are basically for 109's, and the 2 leaf rears are only really suitable for light weight off road triallers that never carry any loads of tow anything.

I run ES3000 rears, but ES9000 fronts as I had severe problems with axle tramp on the front axle.

Jon

Hi Greg.

I am very pleased with TIC springs, Rockies have turned out to be not quite as sprongy as TIC's, British Springs are to soft do not last very long before they get "tired".

That is my expirience.

There though one problem, it seems to be very very hard to get hold off TIC's and they are very pricy 800 euros, have anybody bought some lately and what did they pay

Ole.

Rocky Mountain 2 leaf rears may be ok on a light series.They are definitely stiffer than any other 2 leaf springs I have seen.

I have RM 3 leaf rears on my truck cab,and they are too stiff.

RM generally supply es9000 shocks with their springs.I dont think they are suitable.

Jerry.

If its SWB 2 leaf front 3 leaf rears. 4 leaf rears are basically for 109's, and the 2 leaf rears are only really suitable for light weight off road triallers that never carry any loads of tow anything.

I run ES3000 rears, but ES9000 fronts as I had severe problems with axle tramp on the front axle.

Jon

Does it still occur with the new gravitational effects of the Tdi lump :D

The place I'm getting my RM's from only do ES9000's. So I gotta go to a place on the other side of town to get the ES3000's. Looks like I might have to wait another two weeks for enough cash for the three leaf rears. <_< If that setup works fine with tonks then thats all I need to know haha.

Thanks for your help lads.