weld in rock sliders

disco tony

As the title suggests, can anyone help me locate where to get some "weld-in" rock sliders to replace rusted out sills on a 300tdi 5 door disco?

I have heard of their existence but so far seem unable to track them down. Failing this, can anyone advise the best size of box section to weld in place of rotted sills? tips? do's dont's any advice greatly recieved.

Tony

As the title suggests, can anyone help me locate where to get some "weld-in" rock sliders to replace rusted out sills on a 300tdi 5 door disco?

I have heard of their existence but so far seem unable to track them down. Failing this, can anyone advise the best size of box section to weld in place of rotted sills? tips? do's dont's any advice greatly recieved.

Tony

I've seen them somewhere...hang on...

Found what I was after....I knew I'd seen it somewhere.

Page 24 of May 2007 LRO. RDH Engineering 01536 201731. Based in Corby, Northamptonshire. £175 or £207 with tree slidrs and jacking points.

Link to topic on another forum (cough) ;)

Edited to add - just realised I've made 100 posts - wooohooo :D , do I get a prize? ;)

Edited by DiscoRyan

This is how we did Orange's sills on his Rangie - it's pretty much exactly the same on a disco (I know cos i practiced this on my disco first ;) )

The box section was 120 x 60 I think....

Mark

I was told 100x50 - and that was too small. As above 120x60 would be perfect. Some people go for 5mm wall, but having used 3mm (ish) on my RRC I am satisfied that they are at least 5 times the strength of the original ones and 100 times the strength of the rot I took off! These would work ok as rock sliders, and would form an excellent mount for some weld-on tree sliders. BTW, I noticed a pair of pre-owned ( :lol: ) tree sliders in Simmonites a couple of weeks ago - may be worth a call if you are local?

Roger

Thanks all, rang RDH engineering today, spoke to a very helpful chap, Harry (the "H" in RDH). They sell weld in rock or rock and tree sliders, as Two sheds rightly says above, 120 x 60 3mm wall section. He even gave advice on how to do the job, I'm sure if I do hit a snag, he'll be only too happy to help. They are £175 rocks or £207 with trees, both plus delivery of about £35. Yes, I could just but some box but these come with the correct fitment to the outriggers too.