Disco axel on to a defender

Cheers, ive got an RRC with the forementioned axel, so I am aware of what you are pointing out. :D

Are you planning on fitting alloys? If so make sure it is a later axle with slots in the studs(I think).

Alloys wont fit on earlier hubs.

Would you have to remove or fit a bias valve or something similar when going from disc to drum or vice versa. (I assume you have drums fitted).

I am just guessing as never done this myself.

Cheers.

Hi Zulu,

I have recently obtained a rear axle for my 90 which is now undergoing refurb.

It was off a K plate RR and has both shock mounts facing the same way. It also has the slots on the end of the studs to allow fitment of boost alloys at a later date.

HTH

Regards

Grant :)

I had a disco axle fitted to the rear of my 90 until I was persuaded I needed Toyota axles. It fitted straight on with no prop shaft or damper mount issues. I had no problems with braking, in fact I had no problems at all with the axle. It came off of a discovery which had factory fitted alloy wheels

I removed the surface rust using wire brush back when I fitted it and painted the case with high impact satin black paint, except for the diff pan which was yellow (dont ask). I also removed the brake mud shield at that time as in my experience they offer nothing but trouble

It was fitted to the green 90 in the middle of this shot, but is now underneath the white Range Rover awaiting its new owner

DSC00543.jpg

Close up

SD531069.jpg