LR Lancaster in Reading

expat69

As this not very common...

I'd like to say that James B.S. at Lancaster Reading is a top salesman.

He knows his LandRover and did not try to bull**t me when I bought my Disco td5 in May.

I got a very good deal (discount, new tyres, loss of extras) and they even deliver the disco at home (I'm in Kent) with a full tank of petrol...

(Maybe they wanted to get rid of this yellow disco.. a bit of a clash in the middle of all the silver and black RR... :P )

I'm having some Gbox issue right now, so the Disco is going back for a warranty visit next week... will see if after-sale is as good as pre-sale...

Anyone else with some good experience dealing with Lancaster ???

He knows his LandRover and did not try to bull**t me when I bought my Disco td5 in May.

I got a very good deal (discount, new tyres, loss of extras) and they even deliver the disco at home (I'm in Kent) with a full tank of petrol...

(Maybe they wanted to get rid of this yellow disco.. a bit of a clash in the middle of all the silver and black RR... :P )

I'm having some Gbox issue right now, so the Disco is going back for a warranty visit next week... will see if after-sale is as good as pre-sale...

Well I work there too, so I would be a bit bias!

Mixed. I bought my earlier TD5 110 from them as an ex-demo. the salesman at the time was Mike ?? (later went to work for the Audi dealer down the road).

Service side was excellent.

Earlier this year popped in and spoke to James B S about late low mileage TD5 110s and ended up with the idea of a 07 110.

Went back and James wasn't about so I dealt with Bet Brown - BIG MISTAKE. She was great at first but after getting the deposit was less than easy to deal with - never returned my calls, gave incorrect info (denied there was a launch at Eastnor, quoted me £650 for a towbar which I declined) and generally left me wishing I'd bought elsewhere.

Service side is still excellent and the guy behind the parts counter deserves a pay rise - best service you could wish for.

I wish I'd bought through James or better still knew that MJIbex worked there so I could have given someone else the commission.

I'd be very interested to know if any LR warranty claim is impacted by the fact your TD5 has been "Allisported". Lets face it by doing this you are putting more power through the gearbox than LR originally spec'd.

I got mine "done" by Allisport at Billing this year just one day after picking it up from the LR dealer (so the wife wouldn't notice) :rolleyes: !

I didn't go the whole hog - just the intercooler and chip remap, as mines an auto but it would be good to know if I need to keep my fingers crossed or if they say you're still covered.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Discovery back...

drives like a dream...

rusty input shaft was the cause to my gearbox problems.

I got great communication from the service department during the week, they clean the vehicle and I got a Free2 as a courtesy car (that I brought back with a 2in crease at the back... bl***y Tesco trolleys or bad reversing :angry: -was not there to catch the culprit - that's going to cost me the excess... :angry::angry: I hate when people don't respect vehicles...)

Free2 td4.... actually a great vehicle to drive... trouble is that 95mph on the mway is easily reached and you don't notice it....