60th Defender Unveiled

• 2 weeks later...

Popped into Harwoods Pulborough today to get some bits for the Nas.

Lots of nice new cars around so seemed anti-social to not go into the showroom and ask if they have any of the 60th Anniversary Defenders yet, since I told all you anoraks who dislike the front grille I was going to buy one. :D

According to the spotty salesman in the corner of the showroom, Harwoods will get ONE of the vehicles, it will be a soft-top, not being built until April next year, no details on full spec. Unfortunately the salesman, when he got an email from LR stating what they would be getting, phoned a customer in Chichester (Solicitor!) who immediately put down a deposit on the vehicle. :angry:

Why would a Solicitor want a 90?

Bu**er :(

• 4 weeks later...
Popped into Harwoods Pulborough today to get some bits for the Nas.

Lots of nice new cars around so seemed anti-social to not go into the showroom and ask if they have any of the 60th Anniversary Defenders yet, since I told all you anoraks who dislike the front grille I was going to buy one. :D

According to the spotty salesman in the corner of the showroom, Harwoods will get ONE of the vehicles, it will be a soft-top, not being built until April next year, no details on full spec. Unfortunately the salesman, when he got an email from LR stating what they would be getting, phoned a customer in Chichester (Solicitor!) who immediately put down a deposit on the vehicle. :angry:

Why would a Solicitor want a 90?

Bu**er :(

I asked my local LR dealer out of interest as well - here was the rather long winded FOAD response:-

Thank you for your interest and enquiry on the New Defender 08MY SVX Ltd. Edition. Unfortunately only a very limited amount of these vehicles are being released, 140 of the Soft Top version and only 60 of the Station Wagon.

As a dealership we were only entitled to one vehicle, a 90 Soft Top and as such was sold to an existing customer of ours a number of weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I've come onto this thread a bit late - but even I (and I've got an SV and a Tomb Raider) wouldn't buy one - it wouldn't look good with hi-viz stripes that I'd have to put on to let me stop on motorways to work! Mind you, with all that bling would I need hi-viz stripes? :D

post-6720-1200221606_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Dragging this back to the top I happened to see one of these today as I was picking up yet more parts to get mine back on the road.

Does anyone know who supplies the cage (or replicas)? OK, not a full on comp cage but it would offer doors and screen more protection than I have now and, not wanting to mod my chassis, I see the centre hoop uses bolt on brackets to attach to the a frame cross member.