Ladoga 2008

dollythelw

Just got the regs through, not translated properly yet so excuse the potentially incorrect skimmed through stuff :huh:

31st May - 8th June Ladoga 2008

Class size limits

ATV's Open (grab a mate and a couple of ATVs and go play!)

Tourist Class: 40 vehicles

Tourist "open" Class: 40 vehicles

Grand Tourist Class: 70 vehicles

Tr1 40 Vehicles

(Tr1 Offroad GP entrants will add another 20 )

Tr2 and Raid Class 70 Vehicles combined

(Tr2 Offroad GP entrants will add another 20 vehicles)

Tr3 and Proto; 70 Vehicles combined

(Tr3 Offroad GP entrants will add another 20 vehicles - there is no proto class for Offroad GP)

Fees;

All Tourist classes; 395 Euro entry (if you pay early)

All Sport Classes; 515 Euro (if you pay early)

Support vehicles 260 Euro for heavy haulers and 130 Euro for crew/light vehicles

This year Ladoga will count towards the Russian Offroad GP - this means some very very fast cars will be out to play.

Yay - more mechanical violence B)

traditionally we run Proto Les, but this year IF (and its a big IF) we can get new toy running in time it would be good to run in the Offroad GP series but that means dropping down to Tr3 spec and shedding a bit more weight. We're eligable to take part in Offroad GP even at Proto spec but if we did that we wouldnt be awarded points, its a tricky decision <_<

TBC John - Super Administrator needs to sort that out.

Sauna Tent is being sorted, coffee on demand machine on its way too. Roope and the BS racing Team are coming to form a super camp (Ropes got a new bitch, bigger nitrous, Haltech injection and a heap of spare gearboxes). James, Pavel the dodgy Ruski, Sammi Lantee and Kai's coming (with at least 30 of his kids), Gayboy and Tapio should have thier new car finished in time which means Rejo and Finnish Mum should be there. Stig....... depends on how his leg welding goes :(

The usual Estonian crews are coming plus we get to race against Petals new owners :huh:

not translated that bit yet Steve, but it looks a bit like..........

Grand Tourists do a sort of road book "green laning" thing

Tourists will run the Tr1 course

Open Tourists will run the Tr2 course

now thats gonna be fun :)

absolute carnage if they run at the same time as the sports boys, if they run the courses after the sports boys then everyones going to be spending a lot of time in the bush relaxing and admiring the white flowers :lol: fingers crossed they will send them through before the sports crew get wide eyed and pedal happy!

Support trucks are tied to the race trucks - they carry a registration number. Small stuff is up to 303 size, big things are in the league of 6x6's, Zils, Tatras etc

there is a seperate fee structure for people that just want to follow camp and watch the spectacle (25 euro per car per day)

are you saying Im a fat git? :lol:

yep, you're right :)

Tr3 vs Proto at Ladoga

Tr3s on skinny tyres and limited to roller skate heights (36"), no agro tyres permitted

Proto - up to 40's, Agros permitted, any width you like

Tr3 Baltic cup - tyre size is dictated by vehicle weight, lighter your car= narrower tyres. you can run 18" wide but you need to be at 2.7 tonnes fully laden :o we'll need to get our weight to 1kg over the minimum weight whatever tyres we go for..

Plenty of other comps - when are finals over?

Trouble is, ChocNobs play a vital role in the design and development process, at least for me, anyway.

Will GP spec TR3 cars pass Ladoga TR3 requirements wrt tyre sizes then? special exemption?

Within 1Kg? that'll be fun.

finals are probably going to be late may/early june.

gotta maximise the ground pressure advantage, hence shaving it all down.

You can "undertyre" a car in any class, there are no minimums - only maximums so the GP cars will be counted in Ladoga results, its going to be fun banging doors with these boys B)

dont know about you but I find Hobnobs better for FEA than Chocnobs :unsure:

Theres lots of comps left after June, if we've got space then its only a plane ticket and beer money required. Or shoot for Vepskii if you want insanity in the Autumn?

not translated that bit yet Steve, but it looks a bit like

.......... might be able to get some help with translating it , any chance of a copy or should I send off for my own set?

Grand Tourists do a sort of road book "green laning" thing

Tourists will run the Tr1 course

Open Tourists will run the Tr2 course

now thats gonna be fun :)

just a bit I should think, Dirtydiesel did TR1 this year ?

absolute carnage if they run at the same time as the sports boys, if they run the courses after the sports boys then everyones going to be spending a lot of time in the bush relaxing and admiring the white flowers :lol: fingers crossed they will send them through before the sports crew get wide eyed and pedal happy!

....how many days head start ? :blink:

there is a seperate fee structure for people that just want to follow camp and watch the spectacle (25 euro per car per day)

Some more questions :) what tyre size/width for GT and tourist/ open tourist, and what about lockers?

how many people does the entry fee cover, got a bit of space with the luxury 109 CSW :P

Sounds a bit like the game is getting raised for '08 from the info so far

Cheers

Steveb

Hi Jez

when are you taking your new motor out to Russia as we have a local haulage company running car transporters out to Helsinki and we are waiting for a price of taking our racer out as part of his load, dont know if its any interest to you?

Cash and work allowing I will go out again, just got to juggle everything back here.

theres no real worries in terms of tyres for tourists Steve - you wont be in it for points or prizes so no one will worry, same goes for lockers and winches

Yep - Dan was in Tr1 last year

The fee covers the car and crew - if that crew is 2, 3 or 4 its up to you.

Just got the preliminary regs through for Offroad GP... :huh: 11-13.5" wide tyres.... sheeeeeeeat

not sure how the logisitics will work out yet old spot - thanks for the offer though B)

• 2 weeks later...

Tiszteletem. :)

http://www.art-news.spb.ru/ladoga_claim/ladoga_list.php

Jez, where are your registration? We made it. I think we are the 1st foreign team :D B) (we need still some new dampers, new brakes, beadlocked wheels, and some bits for the steering oh and a new type-r :rolleyes::P )

And i want pictures from the new monster with the xxxxxxx hp. :rolleyes:

G.

Szia G!

Yuri says we are already on the books for 2008 - The St Petersberg club gave us a free entry B) I need to send him and email and ask him for number 402 again :)

My wheels will be on order tonight, Suspension as well, the steel comes next week, lots of work to do :(

Where are you getting your wheels from?

I think we need to have some parlinka practice over Christmas if you are going to be about? :P

its only 450hp- but its still a diesel.........honest ;)

Szia G!

Yuri says we are already on the books for 2008 - The St Petersberg club gave us a free entry B) I need to send him and email and ask him for number 402 again :)

My wheels will be on order tonight, Suspension as well, the steel comes next week, lots of work to do :(

Where are you getting your wheels from?

I think we need to have some parlinka practice over Christmas if you are going to be about? :P

its only 450hp- but its still a diesel.........honest ;)

We have gigantic palinka service :D But You never want to drink when you come <_<

The wheels still a big problem. Now lot of hungarian made single beadlocks but i think these aren't the best.

The question is only that single or double beadlocked?

And the other thing, if we have enough money for the brakes we will buy a portal trek kit from you, and then we need wheels with defender stud pattern.

If we cant buy breakes we need for the disco2 stud pattern. :rolleyes:

G.

the disc brake kit comes with both Jeep or Defender stud pattern but not the small Landrover pattern - can you have your wheels re-centered?

single beadlocks are ok, but they have problems - Im going to use Stazworks double beadlocks again, they worked well even at Zero bar,

I seem to remember your Dad and me got rid of parlinka last christmas - this year maybe you can show us old men how to do it properly? I will bring some Plymouth gin just in case :huh:

the disc brake kit comes with both Jeep or Defender stud pattern but not the small Landrover pattern - can you have your wheels re-centered?

single beadlocks are ok, but they have problems - Im going to use Stazworks double beadlocks again, they worked well even at Zero bar,

I seem to remember your Dad and me got rid of parlinka last christmas - this year maybe you can show us old men how to do it properly? I will bring some Plymouth gin just in case :huh:

If you like it :D But be careful i am tough enemy :D:P:huh:

Can you order wheels also for we from the usa?

How many dollars app. 5 piece 16x10 custom wheel?

I think we will need it with the defender stud patterns.

G.

you need to tell me backspacing, width, colour, spoke pattern - and I need to know NOW because I've ordered mine already - Tr3 is going to be very tough in 2008 :)

- just to clear the christmas blues with happy memories of places where conventional driving becomes kinda meaningless, try your gound anchors here please;

TR1 2009 bring it on!

Far too busy with work to sort the disco out in time for 2008, but got crew sorted for 2009.

Good luck to all taking part in 2008.

If anybody needs another crew member for 2008 give me a shout asap I can get the time off

for the actual event, I'm just stuck in scotland working the rest of the time too far away from my

disco to get it up to scratch.

Cheers

Dom