ABS light

maxellfullmoon

Fault code it will bring up is probs p1590 mine has had the problem for a while now but dont really want to pay £200+ for a hub ( i need two )

I used a snap-on fault diagnostic system i it wouldnt read the ecus under landrover setting so had to use the eobd setting and it wont clear the lights.

Took it to a local dealer with testbook and came up that i need two new front hubs and shuttle valve was sticking.

They cleared the faults and with in a mile of driving they were back.

Dont you just love landrover and there daft hub ideas!

Cosworth: what is the problem with changing the sensor? Does broken bits of the sensor fall into the hub?

I have the fault and a new sensor lying in its bag. Should I not even go for it unless I have a new hub?

have ordered Nanocom to read and clear codes, will receive it within a few days, I hope.

Tobias

When you fit new sensors to DII hubs,take off the little o ring and bin it.Instead use a small smear of silicone to seal it - the o ring is a tight fit and slightly bends the bracket,which keeps the sensor away from the reluctor ring.This is why so many people just fit hubs,as long as the bearing and reluctor ring are OK there is no need.

Cosworth: what is the problem with changing the sensor? Does broken bits of the sensor fall into the hub?

I have the fault and a new sensor lying in its bag. Should I not even go for it unless I have a new hub?

have ordered Nanocom to read and clear codes, will receive it within a few days, I hope.

Tobias

they are usually seized solid mate. by all means give it a go but be careful. you`ll also more than likely need some heat to remove the shaft from the hub. good luck.

When dealing with ABS systems in the past I have never needed more than an AVO meter. In the first instance I always jack up each wheel in turn and check the output of the sensor using the smallest voltage setting on the selector. In all cases, which ever sensor does not give a reading will be the trouble and replacement of that sensor has cured the problem for me. Sometimes when the new sensor is fitted the warning light does not go out straight away (if at all it is on when you start off) as the ecu needs to get a wheel speed agree/disagree message from the sensor. Apart from this, as long as the ECU is getting at least 13.2 volts I have always managed to fix them this way. I must admit that I am not a Land Rover technician ( BMW and Mercedes tech) but despite having all the technical tools, this way has always worked and been faster than the hi tech approach. Hope that this method can be applied and will work for you, although as your problem is intermittent, you will have to have the fault present before it will be able to be detected this way as it sounds that the sensor is failing rather than completely failed.