Santa's challenge

Chris Abel

It was good fun this weekend, i was only able to compete thanks to Adrian for lending me his truck :o:D It was really strange doing it in someone else's truck, there's always that thought it the back of your mind (dont futting brake it!) (sorry about the hole in the diff Adrian :( , If only u bolted those portals on :rolleyes: )

Adrian u can borrow my truck any time! :)

you broke it!? :o:lol:

you broke it!? :o:lol:

Saturday we had a split top hose for the radiator where one of the jubile clips for the intercooler hose had rubbed through, we took it to rockingham landrover and got the bits to fix it which took 3 hours competing time <_< still came 11th on saturday though :lol:

Sunday morning i caught the front diffguard on a rock when reversing down a bank, the diffguard was bolted on and had two small blobs of weld either side, one of the blobs pulled a hole in the diff casing when it broke off :angry: Easy fix with a bit of duck tape stuffed in the hole :huh:

Then the clutch felt like it was slipping a bit,(1 year with adrian giving it loads a dog :lol: ) so i thought it would be better to call it a day rather than burn a clutch out in a bog. After that we did a 30 mile round trip to collect a new alternator to keep lee's truck going ;)

Chris we are entered, plus booked in to the Castle pub............... so get the form's in, if you want a shot ;):lol:

Ill be there, ill have the week off work between the 1st round of the HW and Ultimate. Might have to fit a 1:1 transfer box to get my top speed up on the road so i can keep you in my mirrors :lol:

who is we ???

does that mean I am wanted again then or not? can I continue my garden leave? or do I need to get my rear to the gym and get some health back into me????

Ultimate is the weekend after the 1st round of the awdc challenge series. :) ............. and it's filling up fast, Yes! Chris we are entered, plus booked in to the Castle pub............... so get the form's in, if you want a shot ;):lol:

Saturday we had a split top hose for the radiator where one of the jubile clips for the intercooler hose had rubbed through, we took it to rockingham landrover and got the bits to fix it which took 3 hours competing time <_< still came 11th on saturday though :lol:

Sunday morning i caught the front diffguard on a rock when reversing down a bank, the diffguard was bolted on and had two small blobs of weld either side, one of the blobs pulled a hole in the diff casing when it broke off :angry: Easy fix with a bit of duck tape stuffed in the hole :huh:

Then the clutch felt like it was slipping a bit,(1 year with adrian giving it loads a dog :lol: ) so i thought it would be better to call it a day rather than burn a clutch out in a bog. After that we did a 30 mile round trip to collect a new alternator to keep lee's truck going ;)

Yeah thanx for that Chris could not have done it without the alternator apart from that it was a good weekend thank's Adrian it was good having a co-driver that speaks english :lol::lol: .Congratulations to team xtremelandy for spirt of the event for raising money for leukaemia.

Many thanks Lee. And thanks to everyone for a great weekend, Saturday we had a front winch go down and he never botherd fixing it for sunday :angry: Then sunday Jako and I had a drivers CV go on us, so we just took it out and carryed on with 3 wheel drive :D As for cliffy we he was just lucky not to break anything. It was hard work having one standard truck on muds and the driver and co driver had never competed in anything before. And Cliffy's truck was pretty much up for it but think he just needs Lockers in it. As for myself and Jacko in the red 90 county ! Well what can i say ;) Really had a good time and was good to see some good old faces and have a giggle again. And on a plus side we didn't come last :lol::lol: I should be getting some photo's on my site very soon dudes, i'll keep you posted when there on.

Untill then though here's one we liked very much :huh:

santas%20023.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
hy, do you have some pics of the Dutch - Belgium team with the Merz Benz G-Special, it was me co-driving it.

If so, can I/we get a copy of them ??

Thanks,

Ced

yea i do have a couple

mine are mainly of dave and mark who you were with have a look at my album

watson

• 2 weeks later...